Forum maintenance today

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
kkremitzki
Veteran

Re: Forum maintenance today

Post by kkremitzki »

The navbar links are broken because of breaking changes in the Prosilver theme for phpBB 3.3, the FreeCAD and FreeCAD-Dark themes are based on this so they will need to be updated with a proper solution. For now I have deployed a hacky fix for the header and footer. Someone also mentioned that freecadweb.org/manual was broken, so I fixed that as well as freecadweb.org/api.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

One of the benefits of completing this migration is that the forum is now available via HTTP/2 which should mean a big speedup as mentioned, although since things have been extra slow the last few days it might be tough to get a true gauge for how much faster things are without doing actual measurement.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

uwestoehr wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:50 pm I encountered one: at the top-left of the forum, the tree view is broken.
This is now fixed. many thanks.
user1234
Veteran

Post by user1234 »

Hello!
kkremitzki wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:05 pmAnother person has reported attachments/images not showing, which I'm looking into as well.
I have the same issue. I only see images from this week.

Thanks for working on it.

Greetings
user1234
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

domad wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:14 pm I point out that the Italian translation still does not work even if the chosen language is Italian.
Before the update they were in Italian.
The forms continue to be in English only.
I noticed a notable increase in speed (almost immediate page change and login).
Firefox browser version 88.0.1 (64 bit)
Thanks for the great work of improvement !!!
Thank you. I just made a change, is this problem fixed for you now?
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Italian works now, and so does German and others I tried.
However, old images are still missing, see e.g. the Bug submission guidelines, which start with an image, or this post: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=58426 where the images are missing, while the attached FreeCAD file is available.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Feedback: The forum now is much faster than it ever was - thanks for that!
(Old images are still missing).
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
ABeton

Post by ABeton »

chrisb wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:59 am Feedback: The forum now is much faster than it ever was - thanks for that!
(Old images are still missing).
Yes it is very fast, thank you for your work!
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

The forum is basically back to normal and faster...but, why am I prompted that I've exceeded login attempts and asked for the secret handshake every time I login???
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

drmacro wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:10 pm The forum is basically back to normal and faster...but, why am I prompted that I've exceeded login attempts and asked for the secret handshake every time I login???
The obvious reason is that kkremitzki or a mod/admin hates you. :mrgreen: :twisted: