Forum maintenance today

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
kkremitzki
Veteran

Forum maintenance today

Post by kkremitzki »

I'll be doing an update shortly and there may be some downtime, in case you happen to see this! Post will be edited later as I proceed.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Forum maintenance today

Post by chrisb »

Just to inform you: The forum has become verryyy slow here.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Today it is even slower. To put some figures in it:
Loading the Board
Rejecting a spammer takes 30-45 sec.
Confirming a post with only a few lines which should take 1 or two seconds now takes 30 seconds or even more.

This is beyond my frustration level. Perhaps it is time to write a book or so.
kkremitzki wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:43 pm ping
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

Not too bad for me here, simple reply work .without much problem :)
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Right now it is better. I guess that I was not alone, because I have seen quite some double or even triple posts, which happens if people hit the submit button again, while waiting for a response.
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

Probably I am not working on 'office-hour' :D
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

Things took a bit longer than expected, so I'm not quite done, but the stuff causing performance degradation is over now, so that should be gone. I will still need to bring the forum down for a short while later but I'll hold off until a less peak time.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

kkremitzki wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:05 pm Things took a bit longer than expected,
Thanks for investing your time!
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Everything is back to normal - thanks!
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

I have a severe problem now:

- whenever I want to log in it tells me that I exceeded the allowed amounts of logins and I have to solve a Captcha. But there is no Captcha, only a question I have to answer. But I don't want to be treated that way. I just want to login using my username and password. So how can I get rid of this wrong info that I exceeded a login limit and to be forced to answer every time a question?