Recent Files full path on start page

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
fmccourry

Recent Files full path on start page

Post by fmccourry »

Is it possible to show the full file path on the recent files list in the start page? I work from different file locations, mostly because complex model perform better when copied to my workstation and then put back to the server when I am done. Yet there are times when I need to make a quick edit and I simply open the file from the network location. This results in the recent files displaying the same project from a different location. I need to be sure I am editing the correct file. I know the simple solution is to simply use the file > open menu, but the Start Menu recent files list is so much more convenient.

I've noticed that when hovering over the recent images that the file location of the LoadMRU.py file is displayed in the status bar as well as the MRU number, couldn't this be translated into the actual file location/name instead. Quite frankly the information given is pretty useless unless you are a developer.
GeneFC
Veteran

Re: Recent Files full path on start page

Post by GeneFC »

If you click on the top-level menu item "File" and then go to "Recent files" at the bottom the full path will show up when you hover over any entry.

Gene
fmccourry

Re: Recent Files full path on start page

Post by fmccourry »

GeneFC wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:12 pm If you click on the top-level menu item "File" and then go to "Recent files" at the bottom the full path will show up when you hover over any entry.

Gene
Thanks Gene,
I actually meant that when I said file > open. You are correct it is File > Recent. However I am looking for the same effect when hovering over the recent file images on the start page. I like pictures, they are more fun...