Multiple equality constraints

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Michelle

Multiple equality constraints

Post by Michelle »

Hello why can't equality constraint be applied to more than two features? For example when using the "constraint preserving fillet" on four corners, I get equality "41" "41, 42" "42, 43" and "43". Why not "41" for all of them? Thanks!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Multiple equality constraints

Post by chrisb »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

What are you talking about? Sketcher? Assembly? If the latter, A2plus or Assembly 3 or 4?
Michelle wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:17 amwhy can't
The most common answer to such a question is that it is not implemented yet and waits for an eager developer who will do it without any payment.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

Hello Chris, I'm referring to the sketcher equality constraint
equal.PNG
equal.PNG (11.71 KiB) Viewed 622 times
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

I suspect they are applied sequentially in the solver matrix, thus represented as you show.
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

The current system has the advantage that it is easy to see how many degrees of freedom are consumed by which constraint. And for the solver these have to be separated anyway.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.