Couple of feature requests : grouping and dependency viewing

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
yorik
Founder

Re: Couple of feature requests : grouping and dependency viewing

Post by yorik »

Yes, copying that way only copies the shape of one object onto another... The whole operation would be to recreate another object of the exact same type as the original one, then copy one by one its properties. I'll have a look at how Werner did it for the copy/paste mechanism and see if I can do something similar.

The "App" module is just an alias name for the "FreeCAD" module. In some versions using App in external scripts doesn't work for some reason, so it's better to always use FreeCAD instead of App (and FreeCADGui instead of Gui). Or you can always do this:

Code: Select all

import FreeCAD as App
jriegel
Founder

Post by jriegel »

Or do:

Code: Select all

import FreeCAD
App = FreeCAD
Then you can do both. Wonders of python! ;)
Stop whining - start coding!
myier

Post by myier »

import FreeCAD as App works fine. I created my own function to generate a fan from a blade, it's very nice to have done this in less than a day without knowing python and the FreeCAD API in the first place.

To go back on the beginning of this thread, I wish to thank you for the new dependency management/viewing in the object list, with child objects as dependencies. It's very nice and very robust, easy to organize objects (actually it is done automatically, even better), in one word perfect. I'm a big fan of FreeCAD now :)