[Features Requests] Sketcher Radius/Diameter presentation

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
kisolre
Veteran

Re: [Features Requests] Sketcher Radius/Diameter presentation

Post by kisolre »

Just wandering will those parameters appear under Parameters or need to be manually created?
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

kisolre wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:37 pm Just wandering will those parameters appear under Parameters or need to be manually created?
They have to be manually created. Absence of them leads to default values to be applied.
Syres
Veteran

Post by Syres »

GeneFC wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:31 pm
The image is not linked or uploaded, and without it I cannot imagine why someone would want randomness.

Gene
For me personally it makes it a lot easier to select, double-click and move the constraints when they are not all on top of each other (demo with 5 degrees in Preferences).
ConstraintsBefore.png
ConstraintsBefore.png (24.82 KiB) Viewed 2189 times
ConstraintsAfter.png
ConstraintsAfter.png (28.64 KiB) Viewed 2189 times
GeneFC
Veteran

Post by GeneFC »

I understand the need for moving the indicator and text. What I don't understand is the "random" element.

I would want the same behavior every time, not some random behavior. Perhaps I do not understand what you mean by "random".

Gene
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

GeneFC wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:45 pm I would want the same behavior every time, not some random behavior. Perhaps I do not understand what you mean by "random".
This is the second image from @Syres. If you use to have concentric dimensions, they are easier to see/drag if some randomness is added in the display angle.
Notice that this is disabled by default.
kisolre
Veteran

Post by kisolre »

openBrain wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:51 pm They have to be manually created. Absence of them leads to default values to be applied.
Is there an easy way to find those parameters that are absent but used if present? Because some "random" mention somewhere (like this thread) would be quite hard to find/search for.
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

kisolre wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:33 am Is there an easy way to find those parameters that are absent but used if present? Because some "random" mention somewhere (like this thread) would be quite hard to find/search for.
When I introduce such parameters, I always document them in Fine-tuning as soon as the PR is merged.
jruiz

Post by jruiz »

Hi.
I think a good way of choosing the inclination of the text of the radius/diameter measurement would be that of the line passing through the center of the circle and the point clicked by the user when selecting the circle.
I have uploaded many FreeCAD video tutorials to my YouTube channel
Shalmeneser
Veteran

Post by Shalmeneser »

jruiz wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:08 pm I think a good way of choosing the inclination of the text of the radius/diameter measurement would be that of the line passing through the center of the circle and the point clicked by the user when selecting the circle.
This idea is similar to the Fillet (the radius depends on the distance between the vertex and where you click on the line).
But, if you select the circle in the combo view, there is no point selected.
jruiz

Post by jruiz »

Shalmeneser wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:37 pm ...But, if you select the circle in the combo view, there is no point selected.
...then there could be a default value for setting the inclination...
I have uploaded many FreeCAD video tutorials to my YouTube channel