[FR] Allow toggling visibility while in "Reference selection" mode.

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
kisolre
Veteran

[FR] Allow toggling visibility while in "Reference selection" mode.

Post by kisolre »

While selecting Axis for a PolarPattern I wanted to select an arc from a sketch instead of the generated edge (does not work - see comment below). But there is some automation involved that prevents that. Upon selecting "Select reference" the parent feature is automatically displayed and this obstructs the sketch, making selecting the overlapped sketch edge impossible. Trying to "select and show/hide something in the treeview while in "Select reference" mode just complains that "Selection not allowed by filter.
So either making this automation optional or handling the treeview clicks independent of the mode would be better IMO.

comment: Using Sketch arc/circle as reference does not actually work. I manually entered the desired edge and got an error "gp_Dir() - input vector has zero norm". Then tried a circle from another sketch - same. Still selecting a shape edge as soon as it is generated would have been better in light of TNP.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: [FR] Allow toggling visibility while in "Reference selection" mode.

Post by chrisb »

The visibility automation is indeed sometimes annoying. Did you try this in 0.20?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
freedman
Veteran

Re: [FR] Allow toggling visibility while in "Reference selection" mode.

Post by freedman »

Trying to "select and show/hide something in the treeview while in "Select reference" mode just complains that "Selection not allowed by filter.
Wirefame works to select sketch lines inside a solid.
error "gp_Dir() - input vector has zero norm".
I see the same in 0.20 25311

There certainly are some things that are weird, locked out of tree, no single solid error if the polar is incorrect.