Werner Mayer

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
openBrain
Veteran

Re: Werner Mayer

Post by openBrain »

user1234 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:13 pm I do not know him, but at least, i think, he likes his privacy (derived from his sort of conversation). Also the sort of he is, diligent and straightforward, he has his reasons what he does (or does not).
He could totally be away for no reason... And that would be fine too.
There's nothing with privacy here. I (and nobody) ask why he's away. Just to have some words so we can organize the project as best as possible during this period.
carlopav
Veteran

Post by carlopav »

yorik wrote: Ping
@yorik, do you have any news from Werner?
follow my experiments on BIM modelling for architecture design
Zolko
Veteran

Post by Zolko »

To be honest, I thought he would throw in the towel last year, or right after releasing v0.19. I think "we" should thank him for all the fish and recognise that he's gone for good.
try the Assembly4 workbench for FreCAD — tutorials here and here
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

Hi everybody,

I am back again.

Sorry for the long absence! After working on FreeCAD for almost 20 years I needed some off-time. Actually I have planned to stay away for a couple of weeks but whenever I wanted to return something stopped me from doing so.

Over the weekend I had a look at the forum topics since June and I made a list with more than 90 topics I will have a closer look at. So, for the next couple of days I will be busy answering forum posts and thus won't have a look at the pending PR.

Best Regards,
Werner
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

wmayer wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:46 am I am back again.
Good to hear! Even if you don't find any time for FreeCAD, it is good to know exactly that. To keep the community informed, some monthly or quarterly very short report on what's in the make and what the plans are would be highly appreciated - although we know that this will cost some of the precious time.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

Hi Werner, welcome back. Hopefully we didn't damage the project too much during your absence. :)
At least this is really cool to have a few words from you, and know you're well. It is a nice demonstration you're human by some ways. :lol:

Maybe your need for off time (which is highly understandable) will also be an occasion to move a bit the lines about the project "organization".

Anyway, a warm welcome back, you've been missed for some codebase decisions. :P
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

openBrain wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:34 am Hi Werner, welcome back. Hopefully we didn't damage the project too much during your absence. :)
At least this is really cool to have a few words from you, and know you're well. It is a nice demonstration you're human by some ways. :lol:

Maybe your need for off time (which is highly understandable) will also be an occasion to move a bit the lines about the project "organization".

Anyway, a warm welcome back, you've been missed for some codebase decisions. :P
good post, describes it well. +1
-alex-
Veteran

Post by -alex- »

Glad to see you're back :)
wsteffe

Post by wsteffe »

Hello Werner, I am also happy to see you here again.
If possible, I would like to ask your opinion about the TopoNaming PR.
I am hoping to see that the gap between official FC and RT branch is going to close.
And I think that merging of TopoNaming PR would be a big step in this direction.
Chris_G
Veteran

Post by Chris_G »

Welcome back, Werner.
I was worrying a little.
I hope the break was beneficial.