[Ticket #4819] Zoom tree with mouse

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Pauvres_honteux

[Ticket #4819] Zoom tree with mouse

Post by Pauvres_honteux »

I'd like to propose to make it possible and easy to zoom the tree-view with the mouse.

Reason being: with age it's getting progressively harder to see what the icons look like and sometimes the same goes for text.

Side question: are all icons in the tree in vector format?
Pauvres_honteux

Re: [Ticket #4819] Zoom tree with mouse

So it will not be forgotten... issue #4819
NewJoker
Veteran

Post by NewJoker »

Just don't make it work like in CATIA ;-)
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

NewJoker wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:24 pm Just don't make it work like in CATIA ;-)
+1 dear god, please! :lol:
rather than zooming with the mouse I think it's simpler and probably better to just have a config for letter and icon size for the tree view (maybe a single parameter for both since they should be proportional to look good). Regarding the icons, I don't know if all core FreeCAD icons are svg now but I think there are workbenches that use xpm icons, these will look ugly when scaled up.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

i think @realthunder's branch has a "text size" control that scales the text of all freecad.. might want to ask him to PR that?
Pauvres_honteux

yorik wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:11 pm i think @realthunder's branch has a "text size" control that scales the text of all freecad.. might want to ask him to PR that?
His fork does indeed has that "text size" control, in settings.
Hi realthunder, any chance you can make your "text size" control to be manipulated by the mouse as well and make a PR out of it?
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

I have to ask, why does it need to be mouse based? I think you use/used CATIA, did you not see how awful it is there :?
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

I have submit a PR to change application font size in Preference -> General -> Default font size. You can revert back to system font size by setting to zero.

Changing tree font/icon size separately is also implemented in my branch, but that's a bit involved unlike overall font size here. I plan to submit other PRs for tree view in the future.
Try Assembly3 with my custom build of FreeCAD at here.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
Pauvres_honteux

realthunder wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:15 am I have submit a PR to change application font size in Preference -> General -> Default font size.
Brilliant! This will also be very handy when the lenses of the eyes become stiffer.
realthunder wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:15 am Changing tree font/icon size separately is also implemented in my branch, but that's a bit involved unlike overall font size here. I plan to submit other PRs for tree view in the future.
Exiting news indeed! And with a bit of luck it may also come with some sort of "mouse zooming"-ability?