3D view window background color

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
hiqserv

3D view window background color

Post by hiqserv »

When I try to start a new model either in part workshop or part design, everything works until I try to see anything in the 3d window area of the screen, It is black, I try to highlight the origin or planes, and nothing shows up, I have tried the space bar, going into preferences and changing any background colors to light gray. Nothing works, I tried right clicking in the window to find a color setting and nothing. None of the tutorials show this issue.

I am 2.53 gig 4 gigs of ram running a Dell laptop Inspiron n5040 with Intel i3 core, 4 gigs ram and an Intel graphics card 32 bit 60 hz. Opengl.

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.24291 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-19
Hash: 7b5e18a0759de778b74d3a5c17eba9cb815035ac
Python version: 3.8.6+
Qt version: 5.15.2
Coin version: 4.0.1
OCC version: 7.5.0
Locale: English/United States (en_US)

I have used many cad programs in the past 40 years, with no issues. This computer has run, Autocad 2d and Ideas -8 3d solids.

Hope you can help, I am new to Freecad/
Bob Cue

chrisb
Veteran

Re: 3D view window background color

Post by chrisb »

Hi Bob, welcome to the forum!

I have edited your post and removed the email address, because this forum surely is watched by spammers.

You may have a look at the Known OS specific issues or change the OpenGL or VBO setttings in Preferences->Display->3D View.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.