Any nearer to FreeCAD 0.14 going GA.

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
yorik
Founder

Re: Any nearer to FreeCAD 0.14 going GA.

Post by yorik »

Can you replace the packages later on? If yes, I would say go ahead and upload them to the stable ppa, we'll get more feedback... And later on when we release a fix, you upload a newer one...
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Okay, I just uploaded the source packages to the stable PPA, binary packages started building right away, but the Precise (12.04) and Saucy (13.10) packages failed to build after 6 minutes. :?

The Trusty (14.04) is still building after 15 minutes, it should succeed because it's the same one I uploaded successfully to my personal PPA.

The only difference is the precise and saucy ones are relying on updated OCE packages I copied to the freecad-stable PPA. But the freecad-daily PPA has no problem with them...

I'll open a new topic for that.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Well those packages failing to build were my fault. :oops:

I made a major clean up of the dependencies in the debian/control file. I noticed that many build dependencies were already dependencies of other libraries. For example there is no need to specify libcoin as build dep, since it's already required by libsoqt4. And the nice thing is, by specifying only libsoqt4, you're letting the system decide which version of Coin is to be installed: libcoin60 (for older systems) or libcoin80.

I was able to reduce the build deps from 42 packages to 25. :geek:

Problem is, for precise and saucy one of those dependencies' dependency didn't work as it should have, because of the oce ppa package. I was missing libfreeimage-dev which is a dependency of liboce-visualization-dev in the trusty repo, but isn't in my oce packages.

Since I didn't want to fix the oce packages tonight I added libfreeimage-dev to the build deps of the precise and saucy packages and uploaded new source packages (they are waiting to build atm). I'll fix this properly when a fixed stable release is published.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

This will be very good for us to know which packages can be removed from dependencies and which must stay..
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

normandc wrote:Since I didn't want to fix the oce packages tonight I added libfreeimage-dev to the build deps
Gah! It's libfreetype6-dev which I should have added. The packages failed again.

Thats what happens when you rush things. :roll:
mdinger

Post by mdinger »

The release notes page didn't have a date listed so I dated it as July 6, 2014. This post and this commit state the release date is July 1 but all the files weren't up yet so I used the latest windows release as the release date. If you really prefer July 1, let me know or just change it. Having a date there is really nice.

The changelog is odd because it lists the release date as Dec 31, 2013 which is definitely not true. It should probably be updated.
vrytar

Post by vrytar »

I think July 1 makes much more sense. It was the date announced by wmayer beforehand, and he kept his promise and released a functional stable version on that date. There were people (including me) who installed and started using stable 0.14 on the very first day. It is of minor importance that some platforms were uploaded later. And even if we wanted to wait for the last file, there's no reason to make it the the last Windows file. We should than have to wait for the last Unix of Mac version, which could take weeks.

Also, July 1 is a much nicer date :)
ickby
Veteran

Post by ickby »

by the way, it seems the mayor bugfixes are done. Is this now a good time for the bugfixed - releases?
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

The changelog is odd because it lists the release date as Dec 31, 2013 which is definitely not true. It should probably be updated.
That's fixed now.
and he kept his promise and released a functional stable version on that date
Unfortunately, we have discovered a couple of major bugs so that new installers (Windows) needed to be uploaded. And in the Draft module there was another show stopper bug which is fixed now but a further updated installer most be uploaded. Nevertheless, I would just keep July 1 as release data.
mdinger

Post by mdinger »

Updated Release notes 0.14 to July 1, 2014.