Any nearer to FreeCAD 0.14 going GA.

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
yorik
Founder

Re: Any nearer to FreeCAD 0.14 going GA.

Post by yorik »

I annouced it on the facebook page too... And several other sites have annouced it too. As for the time that releases take, I also remember that the main problem is that very few people volunteer to actually do something about it.
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

English and German Wikipedia allready points to the 0.14 release too. The screen is from 0.10. Do we have one which could be uploaded there?
vrytar

Post by vrytar »

I updated Wikipedia in all languages except Persian and Japanese, but I didn't go so far as to change screenshots.
jreinhardt

Post by jreinhardt »

normandc wrote:I just sent a note to Libre Graphics World about the release but I know I'm in Alexandre Prokoudine's G+ contacts which means he's surely aware.

Unfortunately we can advise these sites but they choose whether to report it or not. In the past I tried to get major Ubuntu blogs interested and I was ignored. They just don't give a f... about FOSS CAD. (I'm not talking about LGW here, Alexandre has blogged about FreeCAD in the past).
The only thing that we can do is notify them about a new release, but we should do that in a more systematic way. I believe the recent rise in popularity of 3D printing also raised the awareness for CAD software, so maybe more places are interested now.

I went through the "FreeCAD on the web" thread and assembled a list of blogs/news sites/... that have mentioned FreeCAD in the past. I think that is a good starting point, but feel free to add more sites.
BOLTS, standard parts library for FreeCAD Thread, Help with Translation
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

Hi Jan
:)
jreinhardt wrote:I went through the "FreeCAD on the web" thread and assembled a list of blogs/news sites/... that have mentioned FreeCAD in the past. I think that is a good starting point, but feel free to add more sites.

Have you posted that list somewhere?

If not, I wonder if it might be a good idea for one of us to make a page on the wiki with "external links" to news articles blogs etc. that have mentioned FreeCAD?

Jim
jreinhardt

Post by jreinhardt »

Yes, but I forgot to add the link :oops:

http://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/index.ph ... #Publicity

With respect to a wiki page with external links, I guess the FreeCAD on the web thread more or less serves this purpose and is probably easier to maintain.
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

jreinhardt wrote:Yes, but I forgot to add the link :oops:

http://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/index.ph ... #Publicity

With respect to a wiki page with external links, I guess the FreeCAD on the web thread more or less serves this purpose and is probably easier to maintain.
Hi Jan
What you have done is fine in my opinion....actually you have basically done pretty much what I was thinking by adding the list to the end of an existing page in the wiki ...this is fine, no new page required....I suggested a new page because I did not realise you had posted the list on the wiki and I really just meant on the wiki somewhere. :)

Jim
jreinhardt

Post by jreinhardt »

jmaustpc wrote: Hi Jan
It's actually Johannes. jrheinlaender is called Jan, but I know that these two usernames are confusingly similar :)
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

jreinhardt wrote:
jmaustpc wrote: Hi Jan
It's actually Johannes. jrheinlaender is called Jan, but I know that these two usernames are confusingly similar :)
Oh! right I see, its really late here, I completely missed that...and got confused between you two. I am not sure if that is funny or just really embarrassing ....or perhaps both? :) :oops:

When you look at the two user names together they are quite different ...yet somehow they do seem quite confusingly similar to me... probably some interesting psychological or language aspect to it... or perhaps that's a polite way of saying I'm just a 3/4 crazy Australian?? :)

Sorry.

Jim
jreinhardt

Post by jreinhardt »

No problem :D