Forum Search

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
cslarson

Forum Search

Post by cslarson »

I'm having trouble using the search feature of the forum.
If I use the following advanced search:
Search for Keywords: pythonocc
Search in Forums: Open Discussion
Search within: topic titles only

I get back:
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: pythonocc
I tried various additional things such as "First post of topics only" and "Display results as topics", but these returned the same result.

So I understand that there may be many references to "pythonocc", but I narrowed the search to one forum and the scope to within topic titles. There are only 1240 total posts in that forum. Isn't this strange? I did try searches for "search problem", "search", "forum search" and matches were found but nothing I saw that referred to this issue. Has anyone else had this problem? It's not so much this particular search, but that this has happened before (though with words that I felt it was more justified with giving that response for) and I was wondering if others had this issue with the forum search feature also.
yorik
Founder

Re: Forum Search

Post by yorik »

Yes I noticed that too...
But this is a phpbb forum, I suppose the best we can do is to report that problem either to sourceforge or to phpbb...
Or is there any configuration possible for that? Jürgen if you read this, can you check?
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

If you search for pythonocc* you'll get one hit. But I guess this must be wrong because there were more people in the past talking about pythonocc.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

*python*occ*
seems to do the trick. But anyway the search function is totally weird.
cslarson

Post by cslarson »

In this thread a potential solution is given of rebuilding the index.
cslarson

Post by cslarson »

there should also be a "common word threshold setting" that can be set all the way down to 0% (to disable). the index should be rebuilt (delete, then create) afterwards. also the backend options are apparently "Fulltext native" and "fulltext MySql", the latter being faster on larger boards.