FPA, FreeCAD Project Association - any news?

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
drmacro
Veteran

Re: FPA, FreeCAD Project Association - any news?

Post by drmacro »

Hmm...I notice the discussion section is not available in the github.

Is everything meant to be an issue then?
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

I'm guessing the discussion is meant to happen in the forum? If we want/expect heavy community involvement a new subforum for this might be a good idea.
ragohix769

Post by ragohix769 »

adrianinsaval wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:38 pm I'm guessing the discussion is meant to happen in the forum? If we want/expect heavy community involvement a new subforum for this might be a good idea.
I agree.
After #ElonMuskBuyTwitter I'm no more on Twitter, that's really enough :-(
=> Now you can find me here on #Mastodon: https://mastodon.uno/@opensoul - I hope more people do the same :-)
Zolko
Veteran

Post by Zolko »

adrianinsaval wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 2:49 pm Awesome, is there a process established if someone wants to become a member?
Yes of course: as you have seen by yourself, Uwe (Stoehr) became a member on 13. may (2 weeks ago). So, all you have to do is to remember the public debate on this forum that has preceded and then decided on the membership, and do the same.
try the Assembly4 workbench for FreCAD — tutorials here and here
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

Zolko wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:42 pm Yes of course: as you have seen by yourself, Uwe (Stoehr) became a member on 13. may (2 weeks ago). So, all you have to do is to remember the public debate on this forum that has preceded and then decided on the membership, and do the same.
What's there to discuss about him? He's one of the maintainers and doing a stellar job preparing for the release and moving things forward. I was surprised to not see him as a founder actually. IMO if anyone has write access to the gihub repo it means they're already trusted quite a lot so I see no reason why they shouldn't be part of the association.