2D symbologies for BIM projects

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
HenriqueReis

Re: 2D symbologies for BIM projects

Post by HenriqueReis »

Are you referring to a case similar to that of Revit, that when you add a 3D switch object, when cutting to make the technical part, it already gives me the symbology?

yorik wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:45 am BTW I just realized that now all Part-based objects have a LineColorArray property, which accepts a list of (r,g,b) color tuples, so we can have multiple line colors in one shape...

About hybrid 3D/2D objects, that's certainly a possibility at some point. Many BIM apps do that. Honestly I'm no fan of it, it is not supported by IFC, and it seems overly complicated while there might be many other possibilities to achieve the same result (have a different object in the 3D view and in the 2D view), maybe even some more interesting.

Basically we need something that says: "this object's shape must be switched with this other shape when viewed in that section plane"
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Yes, something like that. For example: An arch object would have some sort of "2D Representations" property, which could contain several things like "Top:Shape006", "Front:Shape004". If that object is seen by a horizontal (top view) cut plane, the Shape006 would be used, instead of actually cutting the 3D object.
HenriqueReis

Post by HenriqueReis »

yorik wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:39 pm Yes, something like that. For example: An arch object would have some sort of "2D Representations" property, which could contain several things like "Top:Shape006", "Front:Shape004". If that object is seen by a horizontal (top view) cut plane, the Shape006 would be used, instead of actually cutting the 3D object.
I was here researching more on the subject of symbologies, I have now done it for the new Fire Prevention course. Then I came across this video of a girl configuring the symbology on the object in archicad. of course with FreeCAD it would be executed in a different way, but I think this logic is very interesting.

Link
https://youtu.be/0ZiXePNpX0o
HenriqueReis

Post by HenriqueReis »

Here are some images from the Fire Prevention library.
INC_01.png
INC_01.png (37.81 KiB) Viewed 759 times
INC_02.png
INC_02.png (7.39 KiB) Viewed 759 times
INC_03.png
INC_03.png (5.92 KiB) Viewed 759 times
INC_04.png
INC_04.png (23.54 KiB) Viewed 759 times
INC_05.png
INC_05.png (12.29 KiB) Viewed 759 times
HenriqueReis

Post by HenriqueReis »

Therefore, the library of 2D symbologies in Draft is increasing and will soon be composed in the Macro created by Eng Maykon to insert in a simple way:

https://github.com/engmaykowmenezes/add ... gy-FreeCAD

I've already highlighted it here and even a campaign to run 100% is an official tool of the BIM bench (laughs)
simb.png
simb.png (12.09 KiB) Viewed 752 times