Transform vs Positioning Inconsistency...

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
KurtF

Re: Transform vs Positioning Inconsistency...

Post by KurtF »

drmacro wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:26 pm When can we expect to see the PR request on your code updates?
Who, me? :-)

Umm... I would think the person who coded the transform tool would be best qualified to make updates, right? So the question is, is this person available and willing?

Besides... I'm working on my first FC contribution now. Also my first FC app. Also my first Python app. I'm certain you don't want a guy like me screwin' around in production code.
May whatever Higher Power you believe in bless the Ukrainians. They are a decent people who never hurt anybody.
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

KurtF wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:50 pm
drmacro wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:26 pm When can we expect to see the PR request on your code updates?
Who, me? :-)

Umm... I would think the person who coded the transform tool would be best qualified to make updates, right? So the question is, is this person available and willing?
Possibly, but, both tools you are discussing have been available, in pretty much, their current form for a long time. So, maybe not. Or, maybe, it's not a trivial task. :roll:

Besides... I'm working on my first FC contribution now. Also my first FC app. Also my first Python app. I'm certain you don't want a guy like me screwin' around in production code.
And then you know there is NOT a plethora of devs in general and I don't believe any of those few sets of hands have a lack of things to do. ;)
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

anyone can try to do anything! if it works it works, the unfortunate reality of request like this is one is that if the requester doesn't code it it's very unlikely that it will happen