Hello from Nascma

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
ernacascade

Hello from Nascma

Post by ernacascade »

Hello, just a short introduction: My name is Rainer Nase and I am willing to use FreeCad after I have some experience with AutoCad and tested some 3D-systems, but as I don't have the time and the opportunity to exercise those programs, and as they are quite complex and expensive, just to play with, I hope I gain positive experience with FreeCAD and also can make one or two contributions. Located in Germany, I'll try my best to write in English, because I find it counterproductive to use technical terms, which are not clearly understood yet, in different languages.
To create diagrams I use CMaptools frequently and hope, that this will find some resonance here. Lets go!
jriegel
Founder

Re: Hello from Nascma

Post by jriegel »

Be welcome.

We have also a german forum if its getting to hard! ;)
Stop whining - start coding!
ernacascade

Post by ernacascade »

This is just a first link: http://cmapspublic3.ihmc.us/rid=1HZBTJY ... dRoot.cmap

To edit the map you must install cmap tools from IHMC and gain access as user "freecad" with pw "FreeCad"
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Wow, that cmap thing looks cool! I had never heard of cmaps before
ernacascade

Post by ernacascade »

Yes, I find it the best tool available, but it is not open source, so there is no way to improve it. But it is free for private and commercial use for the client software and the server for private. The hype was "mindmap" and somehow, concept mapping was not seen in Europe. It also gives some collaboration features, some I/O, the web page is rendered on the fly, so no effort to create a up to date web site.
I hope I finally find some time and opportunity to create some tools for data exchange, formatting, ... and one of that "todo"-things is an XML parser. That will help a lot.
First is, anyway, start working with FreeCad, gain some experience and start to make the best use.

Rainer