Werner passes 7000 posts and other fascinating maths! :-)

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
jmaustpc
Veteran

Werner passes 7000 posts and other fascinating maths! :-)

Post by jmaustpc »

Hi all

As discussed in the link below, Werner has made more than 7000 posts to the FreeCAD forums. :)

As we were risking hijacking a thread with these utterly enthralling statistics

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7045&start=20#p60321

So for a bit of fun ....
it is possible to go to the members list and click on the column headings to sort by that column and click again to toggle ascending/descending so if you click on Posts twice you get the members listed by number of posts with the highest number (Werner) first

memberlist.php?mode=&sk=d&sd=d#memberlist

this is a screen shot of the top of the page in the link above.
membersnumberofposts.jpg
membersnumberofposts.jpg (161.74 KiB) Viewed 11425 times

In Firefox, you can highlight a range/array of those data values, copy and paste into LibreOffice Calc and then do some maths...and why would anyone NOT want to do that! :-)
membersnumberofpostsspreadsheet.jpg
membersnumberofpostsspreadsheet.jpg (80.9 KiB) Viewed 11425 times

So I think this is a good time to say a big thank you to Werner for the massive and massively important input he has made to FreeCAD! :)

Jim
wmayer
Founder

Re: Werner passes 7000 posts and other fascinating maths! :-

Post by wmayer »

Thanks! But the kudos go to everybody involved in this project. I'm just a small wheel there.

And now your screen capture is outdated because it's 7012 postings :lol:
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

wmayer wrote:
yorik wrote:
wmayer wrote:OT: This is now my 7000th posting :D :) ;) :lol: :P :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
No matter how hard we try, you are unbeatable Werner :)
Don't say that. Did you look how many posts Norm already has? I guess in the near future he will be the leader -- unless I follow Jim's strategy and make some countdown (or better count up) postings :D
I'm glad Werner is looking in his rear view mirror. http://youtu.be/Mk1SVQziVAE :lol:

In my opinion one of the strengths of this forum is that developers are so active on it. It is a rare thing among open source projects for users to be able to communicate with developers and get help directly from them.

So thanks guys! :)

Edit: 546 and counting :twisted:
mrlukeparry

Post by mrlukeparry »

A remarkable achievement!

It still needs a pat on the back for your time, effort and commitment to FreeCAD
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

In my opinion one of the strengths of this forum is that developers are so active on it. It is a rare thing among open source projects for users to be able to communicate with developers and get help directly from them.
Yes, that is definely true. But in my opinion that is only half of the equation. Yes, developers listen to users, interact with them, discuss with them and implement feature requests. So users get helped by the developers... But, developers need icons, users provide icons; developers need testing, users do testing and report. Developers with a lot of experience help new developers. Users with a lot of experience help users with less experience (who usually have problems). Basically, all of us help others. At the end Werner would not have to look to the rear view mirror if it were not because Normandc (and others) helps everyday a lot of users in the user's forum (apart from providing the daily ubuntu PPA).

I started a couple of months ago here, asking help on how to use FreeCAD, normandc was (one of the) firsts in replying. I got to know Jim, bejant, Ulrich1a, ... in the user's forum, because they were replying to my questions and helping me. C'mmon, where in the world do you have a top level support team that never sleeps (no matter when you write, you get a reply within 1 hour (sometimes it is just a couple of minutes), from Canada, Australia or Europe)? Not even paying!!

I decided to give back to FreeCAD, so I started programing some small things... I shared my early lines and there was Jim again, this time offering to test the code, giving feedback, providing icons... when you have problems with the code, you post and there you have Werner, Yorik, and others, and at the end, you do a pull request and you get a code review by Werner for free, that solves your mistakes and tells you why...

... where do you have all that for free?...well in FreeCAD...

Congrats!!
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

Nice job on that summary Abdullah!
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Watch out Werner! :mrgreen:
FC_Forum_Members.png
FC_Forum_Members.png (63.11 KiB) Viewed 11116 times
Hey I just noticed that Jim passed Yorik. Yorik, you gotta step up your game! :D
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

Watch out Norm, you're next...... :D
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

Watch out Werner!
I have to hack the DB and insert a "1" at the beginning of the posting counter. :lol:
prrvchr

Post by prrvchr »

That's true... FreeCAD is an Open Spring Project...

Bravo à toi et aux autres...