Werner passes 7000 posts and other fascinating maths! :-)

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
NormandC
Veteran

Re: Werner passes 7000 posts and other fascinating maths! :-)

Post by NormandC »

Congrats Chris!

One other interesting statistic is chrisb's number of posts per day, which is 6.26. It's the highest ratio by far, mine is 4.96. Which means that if you keep it up, you'll overtake me... at some point :D
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

NormandC wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:45 pm Congrats Chris!
Of course this would not be possible without the wonderful FreeCAD. Currently we have the best FreeCAD that ever existed. Thanks to all the developers, with special thanks to sliptonic and mlampert for the Path workbench.

A very big thank you goes to those who taught FreeCAD to me, to name a few: quick61 (sadly no longer around), NormandC, bejant, freecad-heini-1. They helped me directly and they helped me by helping others. For quite a long time I was mainly watching the forum, tried and often failed to find solutions to questions which others had asked, and finally was stupefied by the solution presented by the experts. 3D is much more then 2D+, it is often necessary to "think perpendicular", and that has to be learned.

Thank you all for teaching me!
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

chrisb wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:37 pm A very big thank you goes to those who taught FreeCAD to me, to name a few: quick61 (sadly no longer around),
Oh no - now I'm a bit worried. What do you mean? That quick61 is deceased, or that he hasn't posted here for over a year?

And, of course, a sincere "you're welcome" from me to you.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

bejant wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:05 am What do you mean? That quick61 is deceased, or that he hasn't posted here for over a year?
The latter, of course. I hope is is well.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

Thanks for the clarification; I hope he is well too.
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

chrisb wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:37 pm quick61 (sadly no longer around)
About a week ago I was about to post to ask about him. He is a great guy and he was indeed quick in the help forum. Hope everything ok with him.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I am sorry to have missed the exact moment:
Normand has passed 15000 posts!

Congratulations!

Normand, if you answer one of ten posts you read, that means you must have read more than 150.000 posts. Chapeau! (as we say here).
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Thanks, I missed the exact post myself. :D
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

chrisb wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:13 pm I am sorry to have missed the exact moment:
Normand has passed 15000 posts!

Congratulations!

Normand, if you answer one of ten posts you read, that means you must have read more than 150.000 posts. Chapeau! (as we say here).
since we have 219019 ATM including languarge posts, that would mean he has read nearly all english post ever written ...

BTW the forum some how knows which posts where read, if the user is logged in. Is it available?

ahh and congrats guys
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

15000 posts in 8 years. Assumed 5 min per post. This 60000 posts. Which is 1000 hours, which is araund 20 min each EACH day in 8 years. Or a marathon of 41.7 days of post writing :mrgreen: