Werner passes 7000 posts and other fascinating maths! :-)

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
kkremitzki
Veteran

Re: Werner passes 7000 posts and other fascinating maths! :-)

Post by kkremitzki »

chrisb wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:03 am The Great Jim, the man who never gets angry, calms down heated discussions and above all: knows FreeCAD by heart. The man who still has the time to run his farm and tells us about that and his family life, thus making us feel as members of a big family.

Thank you, Jim, for 10000 posts, each of them a delight to read!
So very true. It's kinda funny but when I was in university I always liked to share Jim's cow post updates with my roommate who found them as delightful as I did.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
sliptonic
Veteran

Post by sliptonic »

kkremitzki wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:46 pm
chrisb wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:03 am The Great Jim, the man who never gets angry, calms down heated discussions and above all: knows FreeCAD by heart. The man who still has the time to run his farm and tells us about that and his family life, thus making us feel as members of a big family.

Thank you, Jim, for 10000 posts, each of them a delight to read!
So very true. It's kinda funny but when I was in university I always liked to share Jim's cow post updates with my roommate who found them as delightful as I did.
I believe we derive our value from what we do in the world. We get our joy from who we do it with.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

jmaustpc wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:55 pm No worries, mate!
Congrats Jim!

A little story about Jim, one of the most anti-$MS on the forum.

When I started with FreeCAD Jim would constantly explain to me how outdated and obsolete my Win version was. Despite what was available on Sorceforge at the time.
He motivated me to install Linux (kUbuntu specifically) so I could take advantage of the PPA.
He also made me want to Compile on Win. After some effort and help from jreigel, wmayer, yorik, and peterl94 I was successful. Imagine that I was 20ish post in and I got help from all the dev's on the masthead and the creator of the latest Lipback. peterl94 helped me to create a .7z and I was off.

So for better or worse, there is a direct line from @jmaustpc to the Win daily(weekly) builds. Thanks Jim :D
"fight the good fight"
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

sliptonic wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:38 pm ... we derive our value from what we do in the world. We get our joy from who we do it with.
wise words
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

sgrogan wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:20 pm A little story about Jim, one of the most anti-$MS on the forum.
Great story, love reading these little community vignettes.
bernd wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:52 am
sliptonic wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:38 pm ... we derive our value from what we do in the world. We get our joy from who we do it with.
wise words
I'm in accord with this.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

Thank you for all the nice comments. :)
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

FreeCAD-most-ever-users-onl-forum.png
FreeCAD-most-ever-users-onl-forum.png (15.04 KiB) Viewed 1412 times
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
kkremitzki
Veteran

Post by kkremitzki »

That's awesome, I was wondering if that recent surge was going to be enough to set a new record.
Like my FreeCAD work? I'd appreciate any level of support via Patreon, Liberapay, or PayPal! Read more about what I do at my blog.
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

as long as 0.19 will be released it is the release with most commits
The former release was 0.17 (6832 commits) 0.19 have as of now 6837 commits. This is compared to 18.4 but it looks it is still changing a bit..
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

five