Release discussion 0.15

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
antoniovazquezblanco

Re: Release discussion 0.15

Post by antoniovazquezblanco »

drei wrote:FreeCAD in Spanish is 100% translated!
Needs to be reviewed though ;)
Thanks drei! Sorry I could not do anything yesterday. Today will also be difficult but I will see if I can review something...
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Hello guys,

The OCE people have not released OCE 0.17 based on OCCT 6.8.0 yet.

I asked for it on the oce-dev list last week, and D. Barbier replied:
D. Barbier wrote:Our repository has been quiet for weeks, hopefully our users are happy with current codebase. I just pushed an -rc1 branch, and will make an official release in few days.
What should we do:
  • Wait for the final OCE 0.17 release before releasing FreeCAD 0.15?
  • Release FreeCAD 0.15 with OCE 0.17-rc1?
  • Release FreeCAD 0.15 with OCE 0.16/OCCT 6.7.1?
In theory we should have tested builds based on OCCT 6.8.0 before release, but since a few of you guys have been using it already for the past few months, I figure it would not be too risky including it with FreeCAD...
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

The OCE people have not released OCE 0.17 based on OCCT 6.8.0 yet.
I would say let's wait until mid of March and if then there is no stable release I would go for OCE 0.16.

Besides that, is there anything else we should make working for the release? What about the translation files, are they more or less up-to-date?
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Post by DeepSOIC »

I've been busy translating FreeCAD into Russian. I went through all sketcher, and halfway through FreeCAD.ts. I don't feel like the Russian will be complete any time soon, don't wait for it.
The problem is, the existing Russian translation was awful (and it still is, mostly).
ulrich1a
Veteran

Post by ulrich1a »

wmayer wrote:Besides that, is there anything else we should make working for the release?
Yorik has to decide, what to do with the old spreadsheet-wiki-page: Just overwrite with the new content or giving it another name like spreadsheet-legacy-module? So we can start to put in some basic information for the new spreadsheet.
This is needed for the build run of the manual.

Ulrich
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

For me the translations are in a sufficient state already. We can do the release anytime now. I agree with Werner's suggestion, let's wait until mid March (I don't think oce0.17 will be out by then, but let's give it a chance). I'll merge the latest translations this weekend.

We also need to rebuild the Qt doc pack. I can do that this weekend too. It would be very good to have the wiki updated with the new spreadsheet, but if it can't I'll simply scrap out the old one.

Other than that, I think there is nothing more to be done to the source code itself. For me, just the release notes page could gain a little more content, maybe a screenshot or two, and everything will be ready.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

I believe the best is to rename the old Spreadsheet page. I'll do that right now
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

yorik wrote:(I don't think oce0.17 will be out by then, but let's give it a chance)
Well, based on D. Barbier's reply, I could always give another gentle nudge ;)
shoogen
Veteran

Post by shoogen »

NormandC wrote:Well, based on D. Barbier's reply, I could always give another gentle nudge ;)
Me, too ;)
https://github.com/tpaviot/oce/issues/5 ... t-72540655
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

One issue we should get solved is to get running the space mouse under Windows again.