Release discussion 0.15

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
yorik
Founder

Re: Release discussion 0.15

Post by yorik »

There are still about 5 downloadsday for "FreeCAD 0.9 Linux" ???? https://sourceforge.net/projects/free-c ... s/timeline That can only be explained by a rare form of masochism...
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

yorik wrote:Good idea... I added you as a "developer" to the sourceforge project which - I think - should give you the right to add files. Please check if it works, not sure anymore if this is the correct way...
I don't see anything changed in the FreeCAD project page summary nor in the Files. Should there be a new menu or something?
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

Norm, now you are able to upload files. Just log-in to SF and go to the Files section and the right sub-directory. On the top there is a button "Add file".
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

wmayer wrote:Norm, now you are able to upload files. Just log-in to SF and go to the Files section and the right sub-directory. On the top there is a button "Add file".
Also be careful SF will show files when they're not fully unloaded.

If your file is 100 MB it might show 50 MB and it looks like a valid upload. It's just not done.
"fight the good fight"
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Thanks Werner, I just uploaded the DFSG tarball.
sgrogan wrote:If your file is 100 MB it might show 50 MB and it looks like a valid upload.
It shows the complete size (85.3MB), but the icon besides the number of downloads shows a clock icon and the tooltip indicates "Pending..."
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

NormandC wrote:It shows the complete size (85.3MB), but the icon besides the number of downloads shows a clock icon and the tooltip indicates "Pending..."
Once again Linux wins. I get no such warning.
"fight the good fight"
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Or maybe it's simply because the upload was pretty quick (less than 13 seconds). I have a 50/50MBits connexion. ;)
saso
Veteran

Post by saso »

I don't have as much free time lately as I would like to, but anyway everything worked as expected with the little bit of testing on release candidates that I did, so I did not really had anything to report. Great work and thanks to everyone for making it!

One small thing I noticed a day or two ago that might be helpful to some users with the same situation. On an Vista x64 machine I had to install the x86 FC version, because the x64 version of FC was giving me errors that an DLL could not be loaded any time I opened any WB.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

On an Vista x64 machine I had to install the x86 FC version, because the x64 version of FC was giving me errors that an DLL could not be loaded any time I opened any WB.
And could you figure out which DLL it is?
r-frank
Veteran

Post by r-frank »

Just found out that there is one more thing to do.
On the Mantis Bug Tracker you should be able to choose 0.15 as version when reporting issues.

ATM 0.14 is the Maximum.

Roland
Deutsche FreeCAD Tutorials auf Youtube
My GrabCAD FreeCAD-Projects
FreeCAD lessons for beginners in english

Native german speaker - so apologies for my english, no offense intended :)