where do the bug reports go?

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
cpac2

where do the bug reports go?

Post by cpac2 »

Hi
I've just started to use FreeCAD and I want to know where to report bugs and make suggestions!

I have a lot of CAD experience going back 25 years (solid edge, PTC, Delcam [or whatever it's called now], CV, CADDS, medusa, clarisCAD, TurboCAD et al), and for a mechanical engineer FreeCAD looks like it could be the best thing to come out of the open source community for a long time. As has been mentioned elsewhere, I don't think it is useable in its current state - but you are heading in the right direction!

I don't do mechanical engineering anymore - I work as a technical writer and illustrator, so my current requirements for a mechanical CAD are a bit different from the general run of 3D CAD work. But the future of FreeCAD looks interesting. However, like most mechanical engineers using CAD I take the approach that if it isn't in the GUI it doesn't exist, so I'll have to wait for the part design features to be implemented.

I'd like to contribute comments and observations if there are any documents listing the detail of the new commands . So far I can only find a brainstorm/discussion page which didn't say that much beyond identifying that you need an assembly and constraint structure to allow the system to combine parts.

Clive
jriegel
Founder

Re: where do the bug reports go?

Post by jriegel »

Hi Clive,
thanks for the feedback.

I have a pretty good idea where I want to go with the PartDesign. Unfortunately I have
not that much time to code along. So it will take time to reach our goals.....
Stop whining - start coding!