Unofficial Window X64 and X32 Development Snapshots

Have some feature requests, feedback, cool stuff to share, or want to know where FreeCAD is going? This is the place.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
ProBowlUk

Re: Unofficial Window X64 and X32 Development Snapshots

Post by ProBowlUk »

Hi

After several uninstalls and re-loadings, I have learnt that version 0.15 is definitely Stand-Alone.

I then left v0.14 where it was and just created a FreeCAD 0.15 folder (mine went into C\Temp\)
The FC development 7z file was simply unzipped into that.

You can create a shortcut (maybe in Desktop) for 0.15 FreeCAD.exe, but it will not automatically open .FCSTD files (like with the installed v0.14, where file associations are set up in the Registry).

Word size of OS: 32-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 32-bit
Version: 0.15.4346 (Git)
Branch: master
Hash: e329cb5c3acd5b170359e0e8cd28d98b61be935d
Python version: 2.7.8
Qt version: 4.8.6
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 6.7.1
peterl94
Veteran

Post by peterl94 »

If you want to, you can manually associate any FreeCAD.exe with .FCStd files, by right clicking on one and then clicking "Open with..." and "Browse..."
ProBowlUk

Post by ProBowlUk »

peterl94 wrote:If you want to, you can manually associate any FreeCAD.exe with .FCStd files, by right clicking on one and then clicking "Open with..." and "Browse..."
Would that not clash with the Windows installed FreeCAD 0.14 _ ?

cheers :mrgreen: _ :?
peterl94
Veteran

Post by peterl94 »

You are right, I just tried associating .fcstd files with a snapshot build, and windows wouldn't let me select it since the name of the exe is the same.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

If it helps then you can create a shortcut on the desktop for the 0.15 version and then drag and drop .fcstd files onto the shortcut.
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

hi ProBowlUk
use this method work perfectly

1 : viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8726&start=60#p73944 (if you want to return to your old installation)

2 : viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8726&start=60#p73919

and you do not move to the association whit FreeCAD and your preference (if you have mod supplementary you must copy in)

Word size of OS: 32-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 32-bit
Version: 0.15.4415 (Git)
Branch: master
Hash: ab24e9df6a16db8c87aea1f7b768e70529ff8d82
Python version: 2.7.8
Qt version: 4.8.6
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 6.7.1

mario
Maybe you need a special feature, go into Macros_recipes and Code_snippets, Topological_data_scripting.
My macros on Gist.github here complete macros Wiki and forum.
efyx

Post by efyx »

Hi, thanks for help, it works :) ! But 0.15 dev version doesn't have assembly module (icon doesn't response) and also no drawing dimensioning is available. Is this still not implemented?

Is in FreeCAD any option of creating variants of part to use them further in assembly module? I thought that I could prepare piping in variant's which could be used in further piping module.. but I need to know is that possible.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

@efyx

The assembly workbench is still not functional.

User hamish offers a drawing dimensioning workbench. You will need to add your self, it is worth it. It is a quite impressive piece of work.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8395&start=30
"fight the good fight"
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

efyx wrote:Hi, thanks for help, it works :) ! But 0.15 dev version doesn't have assembly module (icon doesn't response) and also no drawing dimensioning is available. Is this still not implemented?
Assembly is in a separate development branch that may be pushed into master after 0.15 is finalised or maybe later. It brings a lot of changes and some compatibility issues. You can still assemble things in standard FreeCAD versions but only manually i.e. not with something like constraints. You can move shapes around with Draft Move and snapping, but it is not parametric.

Drawing dimensions are available in master and have been for a long time, but they work from Draft dimensions. You create a Draft dimension in the 3d model window and then click on the "toDrawing" icon in the Draft WB tool bar, and it is placed in the Drawing. These dimensions auto update in the drawing if changed in the main window. The dimensions can be linked to geometry, e.g. linked to an edge and then change along with any change to that edge. The new drawing WB upgrade that MrLukeparry is writing will allow direct editing and creation of dimension in Drawing WB.
microelly2
Veteran

Post by microelly2 »

I had a problem with the drawing dimensioning workbench and the developer binaries win32 : * numpy multiarray *

http://sourceforge.net/projects/free-ca ... velopment/

After update numpy to 1.9.1 it works for me on win 32 too.
I have replaced the bin/lib/side-apachet/numpy dir by the newer version.

Can this become actualized in the actual package (and the libpack for win32)?

thanks.