Bevel macro (now does inside corners)

Info about new community or project announcements, implemented features, classes, modules or APIs. Might get technical!
PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS OR OTHER DISCUSSIONS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
GeneFC
Veteran

Re: Bevel macro

Post by GeneFC »

Git python is not trivial to install on Windows. It is native to Linux so needs some sort of emulator to work.
As I said above I suspect very few Windows users have git python installed. (I don't.)

Just follow the link above to download the macro directly and load it into your macro folder in C:\\Users\#####\FreeCAD\AppData\Roaming\FreeCAD\Macro. It should be available when you open FreeCAD.

Gene
LHC

Re: Bevel macro

Post by LHC »

ok - I have downloaded macros manually in the not too distant past so should be able to take this approach. Was wondering if perhaps there might be some simple solution to addon approach.
Thanks for the advice !

EDIT - Yup ! Seems I didn't forget how to install the macros manually. Works like a charm. Thanks Mark !
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Bevel macro (now does inside corners)

Post by Kunda1 »

Issue with Bevel macro on RT's Link branch: https://github.com/realthunder/FreeCAD_ ... issues/988
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
TheMarkster
Veteran

Post by TheMarkster »

New version is now 0.2022.01.19. There was a typo in the source code.
freedman
Veteran

Post by freedman »

I tried the manual install i.e. created a new macro and pasted the file in. I ran the macro and got a popup asking to create a file, did that. Did I miss some directions, not really sure what to do now. If I try to run the macro again I get this.
Attachments
report1.JPG
report1.JPG (18.98 KiB) Viewed 1987 times
TheMarkster
Veteran

Post by TheMarkster »

freedman wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:09 am I tried the manual install i.e. created a new macro and pasted the file in. I ran the macro and got a popup asking to create a file, did that. Did I miss some directions, not really sure what to do now. If I try to run the macro again I get this.
Name the new file Bevel.FCMacro (it expects this filename). Then run it to create the new file.
freedman
Veteran

Post by freedman »

That worked. I will do some testing. I haven't grasped the selection process as yet.
Thanks.
This is interesting, adding features via a macro.

FreeCAD is my first look at open source and I always thought that it could/should work like this, where a macro is written and then tested in Master until it gets accepted, and then incorporated. There are so many macros and man hours that might get lost because of no maintenance or the coder leaves.

I also like the install where the user is informed of file installation.