FreeCAD 0.20 is released

Info about new community or project announcements, implemented features, classes, modules or APIs. Might get technical!
PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS OR OTHER DISCUSSIONS HERE!
uwestoehr
Veteran

Re: FreeCAD 0.20 is released

Post by uwestoehr »

adrianinsaval wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:40 pm the beta adjetive should be removed as well as the --candidate flag for snap
Thanks. Done.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

@adrianinsaval where is this exactly? (URL please) TIA
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
#lowhangingfruit | Use the Source, Luke. | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report FC bugs and features
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

Kunda1 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:00 pm @adrianinsaval where is this exactly? (URL please) TIA
https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/releases/tag/0.20 uwe already fixed most of it but there is one sneaky "beta" left:
Snap package: Install the beta release
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

adrianinsaval wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:45 pm one sneaky "beta" left:
Fixed, thanks!
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
#lowhangingfruit | Use the Source, Luke. | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report FC bugs and features
chrtech1

Post by chrtech1 »

I am a new user (dabbled in it from 018.4), I began using it in earnest for commercial work at the beginning of 2022. (I'm a retired engineer ex SolidWorks, ex Inventor, ex Micro CADAM, ex CADAM and more, but now I do limited mechanical design work for a few customers who have no CAD capability of their own)

0.20 is welcome, and I have been using it since it was released.

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank those who develop FreeCAD. My only contribution so far has been monetary (and I will continue that!), but I am hoping that I'll be able to contribute directly to the product at some point.

Again, my thanks to the devs for 0.20 and a product that works. Some of us can't justify a "big-boy" product, FreeCad fills the void. Speaking as a longtime CAD user, FreeCAD has an incredible amount of potential. Solve the TNP, settle on a single assembly workbench, upgrade the TechDraw capabilities a little and (as the saying goes) you've got a dog that hunts.

I'm grateful for what we've got, optimistic about it's future, and hoping that eventually I'll be able to contribute more.

Thanks
Kevin