Help test FreeCAD for Mac

Info about new community or project announcements, implemented features, classes, modules or APIs. Might get technical!
PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS OR OTHER DISCUSSIONS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
brusk

Re: Help test FreeCAD for Mac

Post by brusk »

I installed the SpaceNavigator and tried compiling. I get the following:

Code: Select all

In file included from /Users/brusk/Input/Kode/GitHub/FreeCAD/src/src/Gui/3Dconnexion/GuiApplicationNativeEventAwareMac.cpp:12:
/Users/brusk/Input/Kode/GitHub/FreeCAD/src/src/Gui/GUIApplicationNativeEventAware.h:48:10: fatal error: '3DconnexionClient/ConnexionClientAPI.h' file not found
#include <3DconnexionClient/ConnexionClientAPI.h>
         ^
1 error generated.
make[2]: *** [src/Gui/CMakeFiles/FreeCADGui.dir/3Dconnexion/GuiApplicationNativeEventAwareMac.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/Gui/CMakeFiles/FreeCADGui.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
The headers are there:

$ l /Library/Frameworks/3DconnexionClient.framework/Headers/
total 40
-rw-rw-r--  1 root  admin    11K Oct  8 12:00 ConnexionClient.h
-rw-rw-r--  1 root  admin   4.4K Oct  8 12:00 ConnexionClientAPI.h
And the path seems to be correctly set in CMakeCache.txt:

//Path to a library.
3DCONNEXIONCLIENT_FRAMEWORK:FILEPATH=/Library/Frameworks/3DconnexionClient.framework
brusk

Post by brusk »

sgrogan wrote:Thanks Peter,
So "git bisect" we go.
Edit: If your up for it brusk, we can learn some together.
Next time, sure. You guys are too quick ;) !
ian.rees wrote:brusk - I tried running your build on a Yosemite machine (MacOS 10.10.5) and got an error message in the GUI:

You can’t use this version of the application “FreeCAD” with this version of OS X.

You have OS X 10.10.5. The application requires OS X 10.11 or later.

In Xcode at least, there's a setting "OS X Deployment Target" which maps to MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET environment variable. This probably needs to get turned back to whatever the oldest OS X we can support is, I'd guess 10.8ish ? This setting is distinct from the SDK version, which I'd guess is 10.11 on your build machine. HTH! -Ian-
For now I renamed the file as @peterl94 proposed.
ian.rees

Post by ian.rees »

brusk wrote:I installed the SpaceNavigator and tried compiling. I get the following:...snip...
I'll try to have a look at this today. -Ian-
ian.rees

Post by ian.rees »

brusk, could you try building from https://github.com/ianrrees/FreeCAD_tin ... nexion-mac and let me know how it goes? I've got a SpaceNavigator, so can test your application bundle if it compiles. Thanks! -Ian-
brusk

Post by brusk »

ian.rees wrote:brusk, could you try building from https://github.com/ianrrees/FreeCAD_tin ... nexion-mac and let me know how it goes? I've got a SpaceNavigator, so can test your application bundle if it compiles. Thanks! -Ian-
Sorry, missed this! Did you get it tested? Saw it was merged to the travis build.
ian.rees

Post by ian.rees »

No worries. I made sure it compiles, but would still be curious whether your binaries work with the 3D mouse.

That said, I'm about to leave for a couple weeks on vacation sans computer ;). -Ian-
brusk

Post by brusk »

ian.rees wrote:No worries. I made sure it compiles, but would still be curious whether your binaries work with the 3D mouse.

That said, I'm about to leave for a couple weeks on vacation sans computer ;). -Ian-
Cool, the thing is that I don't have the mouse :( .

Maybe the original requester, @legndlarry33, can try it?

PS: I'm also leaving my computer soon, for New Zealand in January, no less :D . You're from there, right?
ian.rees

Post by ian.rees »

brusk wrote:Maybe the original requester, @legndlarry33, can try it?
That sounds good, maybe send them a PM? Not sure if the @name notation works on this forum.
brusk wrote:for New Zealand in January, no less . You're from there, right?
I'm from the US originally, but live in Dunedin now. Do drop me a line if you end up down here! -Ian-
brusk

Post by brusk »

ian.rees wrote:
brusk wrote:Maybe the original requester, @legndlarry33, can try it?
That sounds good, maybe send them a PM? Not sure if the @name notation works on this forum.
Yeah, seems to be a plugin. Wrote in the thread at viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13515&p=108741#p108741.
brusk wrote:for New Zealand in January, no less . You're from there, right?
I'm from the US originally, but live in Dunedin now. Do drop me a line if you end up down here! -Ian-[/quote]

Will do :) !
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

brusk wrote: ian.rees wrote:

brusk wrote:
Maybe the original requester, @legndlarry33, can try it?

Yeah, seems to be a plugin. Wrote in the thread at viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13515&p=108741#p108741.
If you quote someone it gives then a notification. If you click Quote before opening a reply in this forum, you get a reply open with the entire post quoted. If you want to do a partial quote, open the reply window first by clicking reply, then highlight the part you want to quote and then click "quote" and it will give you a properly referenced partial quote and notify the original poster. You can create an unreferenced or plain quote by just clicking quote from the reply window when nothing is highlighted, usually that is bad practice because it does not notify the original poster and makes a conversation hard to follow as you have to try to work out who is being quoted, but there are times where it is useful.