Dark and Light FreeCAD stylesheets (v2.x merged to master)

Info about new community or project announcements, implemented features, classes, modules or APIs. Might get technical!
PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS OR OTHER DISCUSSIONS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
triplus
Veteran

Re: Dark and Light FreeCAD stylesheets (v2.01)

Post by triplus »

solved Ubuntu outline on some selected items
I guess you removed it altogether? Therefore i can confirm this is not an issue any more as seen on the attached image above.
restyled Preferences Icon List default and hover states
I feel you were a bit under time pressure here? It's braking a balance a bit as it has a lot of impact.
I really think it's important to have some stylesheets into master because it's the best showcase to encourage other designers to improve or create new ones. The code is pretty tidy and almost everything is commented so it wouldn't be difficult for newbies to start with QT styling.
Well but this are not just any stylesheets as it took quite some time to make them. And over all they turned out good!
I have just done the pull request:
Great and fingers crossed!
pablogil

Post by pablogil »

triplus wrote:
solved Ubuntu outline on some selected items
I guess you removed it altogether? Therefore i can confirm this is not an issue any more as seen on the attached image above.
Kind of, it was a "simple" initial reset that lacked (outline: 0).
triplus wrote:
restyled Preferences Icon List default and hover states
I feel you were a bit under time pressure here? It's braking a balance a bit as it has a lot of impact.
Hahaha, OK, OK, maybe you are right and it wasn't too balanced... what do you think about the following design?:
preferences.png
preferences.png (184.46 KiB) Viewed 2511 times
triplus wrote:
I really think it's important to have some stylesheets into master because it's the best showcase to encourage other designers to improve or create new ones. The code is pretty tidy and almost everything is commented so it wouldn't be difficult for newbies to start with QT styling.
Well but this are not just any stylesheets as it took quite some time to make them. And over all they turned out good!
You are right, lots of hours of learning QT, understanding FreeCAD implementation, coding and testing ;)
Dark and Light stylesheets v2.0 to theme your FreeCAD UI, more information here
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Hahaha, OK, OK, maybe you are right and it wasn't too balanced... what do you think about the following design?:
Better.

P.S. Today i noticed small issue in Draft WB if you click on for example Line tool and look in the Task dialog button size isn't correct.
Renato Rebelo

Post by Renato Rebelo »

Hello,
I have tried version 2.01 and encounter some problems. I attached capture screen with highlights.

thank you,
Renato
2016-03-05 16-43-24.png
2016-03-05 16-43-24.png (54.71 KiB) Viewed 2499 times
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.16.6557 (Git)
Build type: None
Branch: master
Hash: 948ccac021b15aff3c7a3b033c508e7ec9b123d6
Python version: 2.7.10
Qt version: 4.8.6
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 6.8.0.oce-0.17
my native language is not English, please excuse me any incorrectness, I apologize for any inconvenience caused, thank you
pablogil

Re: Dark and Light FreeCAD stylesheets (v2.02)

Post by pablogil »

Solved all reported bugs, some others I found and tweaked some elements for better user experience ;)

So, updated to version 2.02:
  • fixed background logo for Win and Linux
  • improved QToolBar handle for different icon sizes (selectable by user inside Preferences)
  • tweaked editable fields inside QToolBar in order to work for all icon sizes (selectable by user inside Preferences)
  • fixed Ubuntu problem that caused a blank line inside up/down buttons of QSpinBox and similar
  • tweaked Python Editor color for Light theme
  • fixed buttons margin/padding inside Task tab
  • tweaked color for checked QPushButtons inside Draft WB for better user experience
Renato Rebelo

Re: Dark and Light FreeCAD stylesheets (v2.02)

Post by Renato Rebelo »

It is much better.
thank you,
Renato
my native language is not English, please excuse me any incorrectness, I apologize for any inconvenience caused, thank you
pablogil

Re: Dark and Light FreeCAD stylesheets (v2.x merged to master)

Post by pablogil »

I'm happy to announce that from commit 4672066 (v0.16) the stylesheets are merged into master so you don't need to download anything, just select them from Preferences menu. :D
If you are using a previous v0.16 development version, v0.15 or older you will need you download them manually from the first post of this thread.

Enjoy ;)
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

pablogil wrote:I'm happy to announce that from commit 4672066 (v0.16) the stylesheets are merged into master so you don't need to download anything, just select them from Preferences menu. :D
If you are using a previous v0.16 development version, v0.15 or older you will need you download them manually from the first post of this thread.

Enjoy ;)
Congratulations and thanks for making them!
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

Hi all
Please do not post any more posts to this topic, this is supposed to be a feature announcements forum, this topic has been polluted beyond reason, if you want help or to discuss development please move to a Help forum topic or Developers forum topic.

The forum lights up when there is a new post so one would expect to see a new feature or a new version or update etc. but with all the other chatter the earlier announcement topic became 11 pages and this one is already at 2.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

This is the first time i hear of such policy and i went trough and found similar threads (length) without such interventions. But yes in the end i agree if this is now a standard policy. As this in the end is master material therefore discussions are probably more suited for developers forum section.

P.S. But to be honest the first thought that i had before reading the answer was you probably congratulated the stylesheet developer for making it into master.