New Module for Technical Drawings (TechDraw)

Info about new community or project announcements, implemented features, classes, modules or APIs. Might get technical!
PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS OR OTHER DISCUSSIONS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
efyx

Re: New Module for Technical Drawings (TechDraw)

Post by efyx »

wandererfan wrote:...
Hello, some time passed, can you update us what is going on with TechDraw, can we expect new features in nearest time? Crossing fingers for this module!
microelly2
Veteran

Post by microelly2 »

Is there already a way to add a image texture to a drawing?
When I have a image texture on a face it's easy to calculate the projection of the pixel image down to a plane to get a transparent png file.
So I need a method to plce this image the right place onto the drawing sheet !? :roll:
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

I think I unlocked this thread by accident... I'll lock it again, please continue the discussion on viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16831&p=139370#p139370
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Just unlocking again to announce that with git commit 54a8e85, Arch Section planes can now be added to TechDraw pages too, same as before in Drawing. The only difference, in TechDraw there is now a separate "Arch View" button for this (in Drawing we used the "Draft view" button).

The only thing that is not working ATM is the "Show Fill" property, because SVG fills don't work in TechDraw. I'll look at possible solutions next.