Flamingo Pype tools

Info about new community or project announcements, implemented features, classes, modules or APIs. Might get technical!
PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS OR OTHER DISCUSSIONS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
renatorivo
Veteran

Re: Flamingo Pype tools

Post by renatorivo »

Thanks, this works pretty well.
flamingo mix.png
flamingo mix.png (12.63 KiB) Viewed 2961 times
I also tried to use threaded fittings. The shape is converted to structure and replicated correctly.
The complicated thing is align the shapes without using Assembly
raccordi filettati3.png
raccordi filettati3.png (37.33 KiB) Viewed 2961 times
No way to create a csv file for threaded fittings? Can I join a small piece of tube with an elbow?
Renato
oddtopus

Post by oddtopus »

TODO+=1 ;)
Anyway there is a lot of work to make for this tool to work without exceptions before... you probably have experienced some errors arising when laying down pipes on complex paths.

In the meantime I suggest to import fittings from external files, because there are moltitudes of them to be coded with a dedicated FeaturePython.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Submitted PR to improve the README https://github.com/oddtopus/flamingo/pull/5
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

Hi all, please remember that this is a Feature Announcement forum, please place discussion/development etc. post in an appropriate forum.
oddtopus

Post by oddtopus »

:? That's right... it began like a feature announcement but now it may be continued under another subject.
Let me just end-up this.

Dear All,
Thank You for your support. Your interest in this set of tools, though it's less than one year I'm developing it, is a pleasant surprise.
Unfortunately I'm not going to merge pull requests at the moment because I'm not full familiar with github and I shall know what I'm doing before to do that.
Also for a matter of time I would not be able to review in detail pull requests, so I prefer to collect suggestions and bug reports and introduce them in the code by myself, at least for now. In this regard I still invite you to continue to send any suggestion or to report bugs on the forum (in discussion/development! :D ).
No need to say: let me know also the hacks you'll likely make to that module.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

oddtopus wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 10:11 am :? That's right... it began like a feature announcement but now it may be continued under another subject.
Let me just end-up this.

Dear All,
Thank You for your support. Your interest in this set of tools, though it's less than one year I'm developing it, is a pleasant surprise.
Unfortunately I'm not going to merge pull requests at the moment because I'm not full familiar with github and I shall know what I'm doing before to do that.
Also for a matter of time I would not be able to review in detail pull requests, so I prefer to collect suggestions and bug reports and introduce them in the code by myself, at least for now. In this regard I still invite you to continue to send any suggestion or to report bugs on the forum (in discussion/development! :D ).
No need to say: let me know also the hacks you'll likely make to that module.
What thread do you want to discuss Flamingo in ? ..so people know

Apologies @jmaustpc for posting again in this thread.
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

jmaustpc wrote:Hi all, please remember that this is a Feature Announcement forum, please place discussion/development etc. post in an appropriate forum.
I started a new Flamingo WB discussion thread at https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22711
@jmaustpc feel free to lock this thread.
JuandeArriba

Post by JuandeArriba »

Do you have an account in Patreon? I would like to thank and contribute in the development of this workbench. It's similar (better) to Sketchup 3skeng extension. A good integration with BIM and Arch modules it would be great!
Nec Spe Nec Metu
Opus

Post by Opus »

JuandeArriba wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:28 am Do you have an account in Patreon? I would like to thank and contribute in the development of this workbench.
+1
or Liberapay, Tipee ...
:)
oddtopus wrote:ping
dubstar-04

Post by dubstar-04 »

renatorivo wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 8:36 pm Thanks, this works pretty well.
flamingo mix.png
I also tried to use threaded fittings. The shape is converted to structure and replicated correctly.
The complicated thing is align the shapes without using Assembly
raccordi filettati3.png
No way to create a csv file for threaded fittings? Can I join a small piece of tube with an elbow?
Renato
This looks great. I'm a mechanical engineer working to ASME B31.X standards. I always though it woukd be cool to do piping work in FreeCAD.

Thanks for sharing.