Manipulator WorkBench

Info about new community or project announcements, implemented features, classes, modules or APIs. Might get technical!
PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS OR OTHER DISCUSSIONS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
easyw-fc
Veteran

Re: Manipulator WorkBench

Post by easyw-fc »

could you please stop hijacking this thread?
Thx
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Mark Szlazak wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:00 pm Oh i did not know you where part of the clergy. That group also did not look though Galileo's telescope ... or so the story goes.
What an idiotic retort. It's not about religious fervour (what a stupid idea), it's about pragmatism and peace of mind. I won't use a crappy OS at home simply because 90% of people use it, it's a bad reason. And I would wager that if computers had existed in Galileo's time, he wouldn't have used the OS everybody used, as it would have been blind conformism.

easyw-fc wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:19 pm could you please stop hijacking this thread?
Sorry, you are right. I suggest you ask a moderator to split all the off-topic discussion starting from whichever post you prefer.
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

I improved the Aligner and Mover to manage also Solidworks STEP files, which, when imported, will have a cylinder with a seam edge divided in two semi-circles... that case was difficult to align and move in my previous release ... but now it is handled fine :)
I also improved the Undo of the aligner to handle more undo steps.
Here a small screencast with a robotic finger to show the WB's new abilities...

phpBB [video]

may be @Wilfried could find this useful :)
freecad-heini-1 wrote: Wilfried
freecad-heini-1
Veteran

Post by freecad-heini-1 »

easyw-fc wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:52 pm may be @Wilfried could find this useful :)
freecad-heini-1 wrote: Wilfried
Hi Maurice,
very great. I like it!!!

I'm a bit drunken this night. After singing in a choir we had a very special drink. It's called force apart haunch.
First put a teaspoon sugar in your mouth, next a schnapps glass with lemon juice, and then a vodka. Mix it in your mouth and then swallow it. Three are absolute enough. :mrgreen:

Best regards

Wilfried
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

And you sure are in a state where proper quoting is no longer possible ... :lol:
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
freecad-heini-1
Veteran

Post by freecad-heini-1 »

chrisb wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:37 pm And you sure are in a state where proper quoting is no longer possible ... :lol:
I had 10 of it. :mrgreen:
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

easyw-fc wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:52 pm I improved the Aligner and Mover to manage also Solidworks STEP files, which, when imported, will have a cylinder with a seam edge divided in two semi-circles... that case was difficult to align and move in my previous release ... but now it is handled fine :)
I also improved the Undo of the aligner to handle more undo steps.
Here a small screencast with a robotic finger to show the WB's new abilities...
Nice!
Turro75

Post by Turro75 »

Hello easyw-fc!

great job, really impressive.
I'm start thinking a way to make this a solid base for a simple assembly wb.
Do You think it makes sense creating a virtual object in the tree that stores the relevant info of the just done align or move action? (i.e objectA, ObjectB, setup of each parameter)
a specific button would repeat the stored alignment at any time.

What about storing these objects in a tree which defines the sequence of execution? So You can change the order, delete them, etc...

In these way it would be possible creating a sort of constrained assembly.

Hoping it doesn't look a silly proposal...

Regards

Valerio
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

Turro75 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:30 pm Hello easyw-fc!

great job, really impressive.
thx :D
Turro75 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:30 pm I'm start thinking a way to make this a solid base for a simple assembly wb.
Do You think it makes sense creating a virtual object in the tree that stores the relevant info of the just done align or move action? (i.e objectA, ObjectB, setup of each parameter)
a specific button would repeat the stored alignment at any time.

What about storing these objects in a tree which defines the sequence of execution? So You can change the order, delete them, etc...

In these way it would be possible creating a sort of constrained assembly.

Hoping it doesn't look a silly proposal...

Regards

Valerio
This WB is aimed to help in create assemblies of Objects (Part Design Next and Body included) but without the need/ability to add fixed constrains...
That is meaning it is good for manipulate simple and complex assembly, without the need to update the structure...
For a more complex task, Assembly3 is the right WB ;)
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?t=25712
https://github.com/realthunder/FreeCAD_assembly3
https://github.com/realthunder/FreeCAD_ ... Operations
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

HoWil wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:08 pm Hi maurice,

Is it possible to use your manipulator-wb to move an object from anywhere in 3D to e.g. 0,0,0?
Please see the attached file and the picture to see what I want to achieve.

BR,
HoWil
Hi HoWil,
I've just added the ability to 'align to points' in to Aligner
Align-to-points.gif
Align-to-points.gif (972.47 KiB) Viewed 2740 times
just update the Manipulator WB :)

Maurice