BIM Workbench

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
bitacovir
Veteran

Re: BIM Workbench

Post by bitacovir »

yorik wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:13 pm In the case of quantity surveying I would think:

1) Open a model (typically import an IFC file)
2) Gather some stuff in a spreadsheet
3) Measure some stuff manually (survey tool)
Going back with the Yorik's request about ideas for the BIM workbench, here I bring something like a Quantity Surveying Manager. I do not know much about the current functions of FreeCAD in this area. But you can consider this for inspiration.
Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (68.56 KiB) Viewed 2013 times
Quantity Surveying.ui
(5.24 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
::bitacovir::
==================
One must be absolutely modern.
Arthur Rimbaud (A Season in Hell -1873)

Canal Youtube Grupo Telegram de FreeCAD Español

My personal web site
My GitHub repository
Mini Airflow Tunnel Project
joancabeza

Post by joancabeza »

In this link here there is how Properties are defined in IFC to specify the quantities of each element class with occurrence in all types of the same class (Qto_RoofBaseQuantities, Qto_BeamBaseQuantities, etc.).

http://www.buildingsmart-tech.org/ifc/I ... antity.htm

I hope it helps
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

bitacovir wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:08 pmhere I bring something like a Quantity Surveying Manager
Excellent job!! This is easy to integrate with the arch schedule tool and indeed will make things much, much easier. I added your dialog to the BIM workbench already, when I have a moment I'll add some code behind it.

You might want to think about using git/github at some point, so you could have your work credited to yourself and become an official FreeCAD developer ;)
joancabeza

Post by joancabeza »

A few things about Freecad Bim Developments new - may 2018:

1. BIM IFC Elements manager: I consider this tool with the fact that all objects can have all ifc types a great step. It will be really easy to control and check all your objects. Great Work!!

2. Arch Panel Waves: Another great tool. I ask myself if the wave types will grow with the time (A rectangular type would be very usefull)

3. Flatten Wire Option:I've use it and what it seems it does is put the higher level point to the same level that the lower point. It's way to put them all to z:0 (autocad flatten)? This will be a great thing for Draftsight users who are willing to leave once for all Autocad ;-). It's one of the very little things that I miss and have to use it periodically.

4. BIM Views Managers: I thing it's a very good tool but I don't know the reason why works with workingplane proxies and no sections or views. I don't thing it's wrong, I'm simply asking if there is a thought about how workflow would be in this matter.

Regards
bitacovir
Veteran

Post by bitacovir »

yorik wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:07 pm
bitacovir wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:29 amHey, Yorik. is it FreeCAD ready to work with BIMServer? Have you tried it?
Yes, you must install the WebTools addon, there is a tool to communicate with a bimserver. But recent versions of bimserver for some reason don't work on my computer anymore, some weird java version compatibility issue that I was too lazy to investigate. So there is quite some time that I didn't test.

What you can do with it, basically is 1) connect to a bimserver, 2) download & open IFC files from it, and 3) export & upload IFC files to it. Doing some testing with this would be welcome! ;)
I just tested BimServer in my laptop. It is working fine. It is good if you put the jar file in a folder in C: with a name without gaps. Like BIMSERVER. FreeCAD has communication with BimServer but only I could upload files.
When I try to download a file from Bimserver to FreeCAD I got this:

Downloading file from Bimserver...
Unable to obtain a valid download for this revision from the BimServer

Now I do not know if this has something with it but, When you download a file using the webinterface of bimserver, you have several options of download formats and in FreeCAD panel you don't. Maybe is this a cause?
Another thing: The uploading processes from FreeCAD weren't complete. Windows were omitted and only walls and structure were copied to BimServer folder.
==================

My personal web site
My GitHub repository
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

joancabeza wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:24 am 2. Arch Panel Waves: Another great tool. I ask myself if the wave types will grow with the time (A rectangular type would be very usefull)
I have never seen such a profile.. Any example?
joancabeza wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:24 am 3. Flatten Wire Option:I've use it and what it seems it does is put the higher level point to the same level that the lower point.
It basically takes the median point and flattens everything to it. So it works in all kinds of situations, not only in the XY plane. We could add more options of course, but then it should grow into a more complex and separate tool...
joancabeza wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:24 am 4. BIM Views Managers: I thing it's a very good tool but I don't know the reason why works with workingplane proxies and no sections or views. I don't thing it's wrong, I'm simply asking if there is a thought about how workflow would be in this matter.
This is just a preliminary step. The new BuildingPart object I'm working on should have integrated view too, and will appear in that view too.
bitacovir wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:15 pm When you download a file using the webinterface of bimserver, you have several options of download formats and in FreeCAD panel you don't. Maybe is this a cause?
Yes, maybe they changed something recently. I'll test again with your suggestion, thanks for the follow-up!
joancabeza

Post by joancabeza »

yorik wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:27 pm
joancabeza wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:24 am 2. Arch Panel Waves: Another great tool. I ask myself if the wave types will grow with the time (A rectangular type would be very usefull)
I have never seen such a profile.. Any example?

Here there are some. Also can be used to create acustic panels and striped panels (not to make the detail but the general model with it)

chapa-multiusos-blanca.jpg
chapa-multiusos-blanca.jpg (18.5 KiB) Viewed 1770 times
perfil_omega.jpg
perfil_omega.jpg (32.59 KiB) Viewed 1770 times
ideacustic-high-16-b.jpg
ideacustic-high-16-b.jpg (165.84 KiB) Viewed 1770 times
ideacustic-pro-8-b.jpg
ideacustic-pro-8-b.jpg (122.66 KiB) Viewed 1770 times
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Aha, great. That would be easy to add. We need a third value besides wave length and height, the spacing between each...
bitacovir
Veteran

Post by bitacovir »

I think the BIM IFC elements manager in the BIM workbench should include something to link colors for each element.
That would help to create a visual classification of parts or create an assembly sequence of the building parts for construction management (something very useful in assembly of pre-build structures).
==================

My personal web site
My GitHub repository
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

bitacovir wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:05 pm I think the BIM IFC elements manager in the BIM workbench should include something to link colors for each element.
In a BIM workflow, ideally, all elements should have a material (that might be something to add there too...). When an object has a material, the material defines the object color. So I would rather go that way...