Defeaturing Tools: how to edit a STEP model (parametrically)

Info about new implemented features, classes, modules or APIs. Might get technical!
PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS OR OTHER DISCUSSIONS HERE!
User avatar
easyw-fc
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:34 am

Defeaturing Tools: how to edit a STEP model (parametrically)

Postby easyw-fc » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:16 pm

Hi,
waiting for the new OCC defeaturing tools that will be available in OCC 7.3, I played a bit with some defeaturing features using what FC0.18 has under the hood :D
Here my first steps with a STEP file and my new Removing Holes tool:
phpBB [video]


Still a lot to experiment, but it could be the start for a new WB ;)
Last edited by easyw-fc on Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jee-Bee
Posts: 1358
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:32 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: Defeaturing Tools: first attempt

Postby Jee-Bee » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:03 pm

Would this possible with only selecting surfaces top and down for reference and the to be removed surfaces?
chrisb
Posts: 11436
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:14 am

Re: Defeaturing Tools: first attempt

Postby chrisb » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:28 am

Hey this looks really great. Currently I am rather occupied by making pockets in the right places than to remove them, but I guess times will come where I want to remove some foreign pockets. :)
Jee-Bee
Posts: 1358
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:32 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: Defeaturing Tools: first attempt

Postby Jee-Bee » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:36 am

chrisb wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:28 am
Hey this looks really great. Currently I am rather occupied by making pockets in the right places than to remove them, but I guess times will come where I want to remove some foreign pockets. :)
It is nice when doing fem where holes take a lot of calculation time...
chrisb
Posts: 11436
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:14 am

Re: Defeaturing Tools: first attempt

Postby chrisb » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:56 am

Jee-Bee wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:36 am
chrisb wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:28 am
Hey this looks really great. Currently I am rather occupied by making pockets in the right places than to remove them, but I guess times will come where I want to remove some foreign pockets. :)
It is nice when doing fem where holes take a lot of calculation time...
And there we are: FEM is on my list for a long time now, I have lots of stored bookmarks to things I want to investigate further.
Jee-Bee
Posts: 1358
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:32 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: Defeaturing Tools: first attempt

Postby Jee-Bee » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:31 am

chrisb wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:56 am
I have lots of stored bookmarks to things I want to investigate further.
I know this problem... i need 48 hours a day to get enough sleep for what i want do during the day :(
chrisb
Posts: 11436
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:14 am

Re: Defeaturing Tools: first attempt

Postby chrisb » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:26 pm

Jee-Bee wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:31 am
I know this problem... i need 48 hours a day to get enough sleep for what i want do during the day :(
:lol:
freecad-heini-1
Posts: 4774
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:10 am
Contact:

Re: Defeaturing Tools: first attempt

Postby freecad-heini-1 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:00 pm

easyw-fc wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:16 pm
Hi,
waiting for the new OCC defeaturing tools that will be available in OCC 7.3, I played a bit with some defeaturing features using what FC0.18 has under the hood :D
Here my first steps with a STEP file and my new Removing Holes tool:
phpBB [video]


Still a lot to experiment, but it could be the start for a new WB ;)
Hi Maurice,
thank you very much. Very nice.
Best regards
Wilfried
User avatar
easyw-fc
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:34 am

Re: Defeaturing Tools: first attempt

Postby easyw-fc » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:48 pm

freecad-heini-1 wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:00 pm
Hi Maurice,
thank you very much. Very nice.
Best regards
Wilfried
Hi Wilfred, I managed to play a bit with your file:
freecad-heini-1 wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:58 pm
The two faces on top are difficult. I wish to have better tools to delete the inner wires and greate a new face without them.

...

You can download the files from here:
http://exaflow.de/wp-content/uploads/20 ... repair.zip

Best regards
Wilfried
Here my result using some new buttons of my Macro :D
solid-refined.gif
solid-refined.gif (844.39 KiB) Viewed 1252 times
User avatar
GlouGlou
Posts: 920
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:02 am
Location: La Rochelle, France

Re: Defeaturing Tools: first attempt

Postby GlouGlou » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:53 pm

easyw-fc wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:16 pm
I played a bit with some defeaturing features using what FC0.18 has under the hood :D
That sounds like a good idea and useful for PDN.