Select what you want to see in the Document Tree

Info about new community or project announcements, implemented features, classes, modules or APIs. Might get technical!
PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS OR OTHER DISCUSSIONS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Select what you want to see in the Document Tree

Post by chrisb »

Until then you can collapse the body. :o
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

freedman wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:41 pm When I have a Body expanded that runs half way down the page it's kind of hard to find where the next Body starts especially if the next Body is disabled.
You're using Windows, right? I don't remember how the tree is styled (and I used FC on Win at work today :D ), it depends on the operating system and/or desktop theme. In some operating systems, there are very useful lines joining elements to their parent (Body, Part container, etc.). In Preferences/General/General, you can set a stylesheet that reproduces this styling. Personally I prefer my programs to comply with the desktop theme (managed by the OS), and these stylesheets are too different from my desktop theme, and I find that light areas such as the tree don't have enough contrast. I edited one of the stylesheets to only keep the changes to the tree with a pure white background:

FC_Model_tree_styled_01.png
FC_Model_tree_styled_01.png (41.79 KiB) Viewed 952 times

But I had a lot of trouble editing it, I'm in no way an expert and my custom stylesheet is no longer working in v0.18. triplus copied me a bit of code to try some time ago in another topic but I didn't copy it then, nor did I bookmark the topic and now I have to search for the topic again... :|

I would also like the lines and arrows to be darker, but I couldn't for the life of me find how to darken the png icons used by the stylesheets (on Windows they should be in ..\AppData\Roaming\FreeCAD\GUI\Stylesheets\images\)
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

NormandC wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:30 am triplus copied me a bit of code to try some time ago in another topic but I didn't copy it then, nor did I bookmark the topic and now I have to search for the topic again... :|
Found it: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 23#p251252

But my issue still persists, so in addition to the Model tree, I need to style the Tasks panel.

Well I did more tests with my stylesheet, and created new icons. How do you like my WinXP-style tree? :lol:
FC_Model_tree_WinXP_style_01.png
FC_Model_tree_WinXP_style_01.png (53.55 KiB) Viewed 949 times
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

Xp :shock:
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

NormandC wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:51 am Well I did more tests with my stylesheet, and created new icons. How do you like my WinXP-style tree? :lol:
Maybe not surprisingly, I love it.
"fight the good fight"
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

Hehe... I like it too. I streamlined the node icons (+/-) to remove the shading effect, in fact like the Qt "Simple Tree Model" screen capture I posted here: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 20#p257914

How this looks in FreeCAD:
(taken from the 100 cad exercises topic)

But I still have issues with it, now in the Data tab, so I had to disable it for now. :(