Darker stylesheet

Info about new community or project announcements, implemented features, classes, modules or APIs. Might get technical!
PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS OR OTHER DISCUSSIONS HERE!
User avatar
yorik
Site Admin
Posts: 11570
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:16 pm
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Contact:

Re: Darker stylesheet

Postby yorik » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:24 pm

gorgeous! Is that a qss stylesheet?
User avatar
Kunda1
Posts: 5909
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Darker stylesheet

Postby Kunda1 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:27 pm

Kunda1 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:25 pm
adrianinsaval wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:16 am
That is pretty dang sweet
pablogil wrote:
@pablogil take a look at this
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
#lowhangingfruit | Use the Source, Luke. | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report FC bugs and features
pablogil
Posts: 763
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:19 pm
Location: Badajoz (Spain)
Contact:

Re: Darker stylesheet

Postby pablogil » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:54 pm

Of course I have seen it, I would also like to know how it was performed but I guess it’s a mix between stylesheet, custom icons and the trick I also did in the 3D view here...
Dark and Light stylesheets v2.0 to theme your FreeCAD UI, more information here
User avatar
Kunda1
Posts: 5909
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Darker stylesheet

Postby Kunda1 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:21 pm

Lets get those custom icons please (we need to check the licensure) if they are gpl we can include them in some sort of addon through the Addon Manager
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
#lowhangingfruit | Use the Source, Luke. | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report FC bugs and features
User avatar
Kunda1
Posts: 5909
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Darker stylesheet

Postby Kunda1 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:54 pm

Created a Feedback thread on Darker Stylesheet: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39089
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
#lowhangingfruit | Use the Source, Luke. | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report FC bugs and features
adrianinsaval
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:15 pm

Re: Darker stylesheet

Postby adrianinsaval » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:14 am

pablogil wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:54 pm
Of course I have seen it, I would also like to know how it was performed but I guess it’s a mix between stylesheet, custom icons and the trick I also did in the 3D view here...
Aritim-Dark theme for the whole system (for qt apps that is), custom glass addon as explained here, COIL custom icons and a trick similar to yours, I just used a gradient too.

Additionally, I messed around with pie menu trying to understand qt :lol: I managed to get it to use the system's theme but not FreeCAD's
Attachments
Screenshot_20190904_211002.png
Screenshot_20190904_211002.png (82.24 KiB) Viewed 544 times
usbhub
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:22 pm
Location: Earth

Re: Darker stylesheet

Postby usbhub » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:35 pm

adrianinsaval wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:14 am
pablogil wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:54 pm
Of course I have seen it, I would also like to know how it was performed but I guess it’s a mix between stylesheet, custom icons and the trick I also did in the 3D view here...
Aritim-Dark theme for the whole system (for qt apps that is), custom glass addon as explained here, COIL custom icons and a trick similar to yours, I just used a gradient too.

Additionally, I messed around with pie menu trying to understand qt :lol: I managed to get it to use the system's theme but not FreeCAD's
Jesus, that looks amazing!!!

Could you create a tutorial on how to set up / customize FreeCAD like this?
That would be very great, if my FreeCAD would look like yours!

usbhub
adrianinsaval
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:15 pm

Re: Darker stylesheet

Postby adrianinsaval » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:33 pm

usbhub wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:35 pm
adrianinsaval wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:14 am
pablogil wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:54 pm
Of course I have seen it, I would also like to know how it was performed but I guess it’s a mix between stylesheet, custom icons and the trick I also did in the 3D view here...
Aritim-Dark theme for the whole system (for qt apps that is), custom glass addon as explained here, COIL custom icons and a trick similar to yours, I just used a gradient too.

Additionally, I messed around with pie menu trying to understand qt :lol: I managed to get it to use the system's theme but not FreeCAD's
Jesus, that looks amazing!!!

Could you create a tutorial on how to set up / customize FreeCAD like this?
That would be very great, if my FreeCAD would look like yours!

usbhub
Well it's kind of explained there, I don't think I'll do a tutorial but if you have a hard time setting any of it feel free to ask.