Luxrender

Info about new community or project announcements, implemented features, classes, modules or APIs. Might get technical!
PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS OR OTHER DISCUSSIONS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
quick61
Veteran

Re: Luxrender

Post by quick61 »

detlet wrote:While spaces in object names are no problem with Luxrender for me (tested with version lux-v1.3.1-x86_64-sse2-OpenCL), povray (tested with Version 3.6.1) don't like them.
The same is true for POV-Ray 3.7, along with not liking dashes ( - ) either. However, underscore ( _ ) will work. I usually don't run into this problem as I have the habit of using underscore in place of space from way back. ;)

Mark
This post made with 0.0% Micro$oft products - GOT LINUX?
twohot

Post by twohot »

This is amazing, Yorik. Something I would love to test soon.
This will be my first post in the forum -- not true, but the first to show my username correctly. Sourceforge made sure I couldn't use the forum before.

You really do work (Yorik),
nilangsu

Post by nilangsu »

Hi,
I can not render using luxrender with freecad 0.17, I have installed the luxrender 2.0 standalone and also changed the render executable path from preferences..
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

nilangsu wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:49 pm Hi,
I can not render using luxrender with freecad 0.17, I have installed the luxrender 2.0 standalone and also changed the render executable path from preferences..
please do not necrobump
start a new thread announcing your issue and refer back to an older thread. Also please inform yourself about our guidlines:
ask for help in the Help Forum always post your Help > About FreeCAD > Copy to clipboard and mention the errors that you are encountering. These are some of the guidelines we kindly ask of you in order to help you.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

Kunda1 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:38 pm
nilangsu wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:49 pm Hi,
please do not necrobump
start a new thread announcing your issue and refer back to an older thread. Also please inform yourself about our guidlines:
ask for help in the Help Forum always post your Help > About FreeCAD > Copy to clipboard and mention the errors that you are encountering. These are some of the guidelines we kindly ask of you in order to help you.
Is it possible to necrobury a necrobumped thread like this? :lol:
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Hi @nilangsu and welcome.

The truth is over the years most end users settled with POV-Ray. When it comes to the Raytracing workbench. It's known to work and therefore i would suggest for you to try out that option first.