Forum migration

Info about new community or project announcements, implemented features, classes, modules or APIs. Might get technical!
PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS OR OTHER DISCUSSIONS HERE!
kwahoo

Re: Forum migration

Postby kwahoo » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:03 pm

yorik wrote:The problem was that new users are added to both "new registered users" and "registered users". Only after they have 1 post approved, they are removed from the "new registered users".
Is this policy still active? My first posts on the new forum never passed moderation...
NormandC

Postby NormandC » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:35 am

Frankly, and as I said on Google+, if you had restored your original account as per instructions instead of creating a new one, your posts wouldn't have been waiting for moderation in the first place. Now you don't have your post history anymore.

As for those posts being in limbo, sorry, I didn't notice that there were topics waiting for approval, then there were posts waiting for approval. Never saw them until a few minutes ago.
kwahoo

Postby kwahoo » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:45 pm

normandc wrote:Frankly, and as I said on Google+, if you had restored your original account as per instructions instead of creating a new one, your posts wouldn't have been waiting for moderation in the first place. Now you don't have your post history anymore.
Well, [kwahoo] login was registered by a different man on Sourceforge and I had to register [kwahooo] instead:( On the new forum [kwahoo] was unregistered, so now I have a proper name;)
NormandC

Postby NormandC » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:28 pm

Can someone speaking German tell those stragglers that the old forum has been moved for the past month?!?

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4863
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4860&p=38216#p38216
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4869

I've been replying with Google-translated text but they continue to disregard my warnings. :roll:

Better yet, can't we delete the whole Sourceforge forum now???
NormandC

Postby NormandC » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:58 pm

kwahoo wrote:Well, [kwahoo] login was registered by a different man on Sourceforge and I had to register [kwahooo] instead:( On the new forum [kwahoo] was unregistered, so now I have a proper name;)
Instead of creating a new account, you could have asked us to change your existing login name.

Now on this forum there is a user kwahooo and a user kwahoo both belonging to you. In some other forums this is not permitted...
NormandC

Postby NormandC » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:08 am

BUMP! Someone else posted on the old forum today. I can't believe how they can't see the big warning at the top!

Yorik, I saw in the ACP that we can disable the whole forum. I would like to do so, it's been more than a month now. What do you think?
yorik
Site Admin

Postby yorik » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:06 am

For me, I'd disable the whole entire old SF stuff (mantis, forum, wiki and everything else). There will be a few cries and dead links around on the internet, but sooner or later people will need to update their links...
jriegel
Site Admin

Postby jriegel » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:24 pm

+1
Stop whining - start coding!
NormandC

Postby NormandC » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:50 pm

OK, three votes so I just disabled the old forum. I was tired of telling people to stop using it. I've been doing so for the past 5 weeks!!! Even today someone new registered on the SF forum. :roll:

I'll leave Mantis and the wiki to Yorik since I don't have control over them.
bernd

Postby bernd » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:26 am

Just changed all weblinks on english and german wikipedia. There is no more link which directs to sourceforge. There are a few other languarges on wikipedia as well ...

EDIT:
- french is allready fine
- updated espanol
- updated italian