2d Addition, subtraction, Common functions added to Design456

Info about new community or project announcements, implemented features, classes, modules or APIs. Might get technical!
PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS OR OTHER DISCUSSIONS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
mariwan

2d Addition, subtraction, Common functions added to Design456

Post by mariwan »

New functions are added to my WB. I think the 2D commands are new to FreeCAD. I might be wrong.

Note:
There are some known issues :
1-The 2D faces created are not on the (x,y,0) plane .. I used negative value for the z to let it be on the plane but that is not the correct way. Even when I change the Base to the x,y,0 (z=0) still the face is not on the plane.
There must be something related to the plane but I don't know how to fix that.
2-I noticed that the Magnet didn't work correctly on one of the objects. I have to debug that. Help is appreciated.
3-Tweak , Loft on direction, and ArrayFaceMaker are from the community. I wish they do some video and they use the tool to show us how it should be used. I didn't have time to test them in details. These three tools must be developed more to make it a good tool.
4- Freecad crashes if I have the same move-at-placemenet of primitives that I implemented with help of other communities code. But with the tube i disabled that since it make FreeCAD to crashes. If you look carefully, you see in the video that the remove of the callback doesn't work for some objects. Why? It must be a bug in FreeCAD.
My aim is to bring all kind of tools that might be silly for some one.. but might be useful for Makers and other users. Please keep in mind different situations needs different tools.

Let me know if you have any notes
Thanks
New video:
phpBB [video]
bitacovir
Veteran

Re: 2d Addition, subtraction, Common functions added to Design456

Post by bitacovir »

marja1 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:56 pm New functions are added to my WB. I think the 2D commands are new to FreeCAD. I might be wrong.
Very impressive. Keep working!
::bitacovir::
==================
One must be absolutely modern.
Arthur Rimbaud (A Season in Hell -1873)

Canal Youtube Grupo Telegram de FreeCAD Español

My personal web site
My GitHub repository
Mini Airflow Tunnel Project
mariwan

Post by mariwan »

thanks
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Awesome progress!
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs