please test - Windows build for FreeCAD 0.19.3 available

Info about new community or project announcements, implemented features, classes, modules or APIs. Might get technical!
PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS OR OTHER DISCUSSIONS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
uwestoehr
Veteran

please test - Windows build for FreeCAD 0.19.3 available

Post by uwestoehr »

The next maintenance release of FreeCAD 0.19 is basically ready. It contains only bugfixes, no new features. If you are interested in the particular fixes, have a look at this list:
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=57659

Before releasing, we provide release builds to get feedback from you that everything works nicely. If you are on Windows, here is a Windows installer for FreeCAD 0.19.3:
https://github.com/donovaly/FreeCADInst ... ller-5.exe

Note: This a test build, please report any issues you encounter here. Don't use it yet for important documents!
chennes
Veteran

Re: please test - Windows build for FreeCAD 0.19.3 available

Post by chennes »

This looks to be one commit behind the HEAD of the 0.19 branch -- it doesn't have that very last merge you made, of the Sketcher bugfix.
Chris Hennes
Pioneer Library System
GitHub profile, LinkedIn profile, chrishennes.com
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

any plans of using a newer OCC version? I think 7.5.0 had bugs with step import and/or export that come up every now and then in forum
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

chennes wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:08 pm This looks to be one commit behind the HEAD of the 0.19 branch -- it doesn't have that very last merge you made, of the Sketcher bugfix.
Thanks! Indeed, I forgot to checkout the branch after I made the commit.
For the final installer, I will build using the 0.19.3 tag. This tag has not yet been set.

Besides this, does it work for you? I am especially interested if you could run a simple FEM simulation? This revealed in the past often issues since Python and Netgen or GMSH are involved and on Windows their setup can be tricky.
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

adrianinsaval wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:20 pm any plans of using a newer OCC version? I think 7.5.0 had bugs with step import and/or export that come up every now and then in forum
Using the latest OCC was my plan but we (the release team consists of sgrogan, loo, syres and me), already run out of spare time. So for the maintenance release we rely on pure FreeCAD fixes and keep the Libpack (bundle of third-pary libraries) the same a for FC 0.19.2. We don't want to delay the release again. Once there will be work on the LibPack, we could provide a new maintenance release, maybe only for Windows or Mac since on Linux the third-party libraries are provides by the distribution.

However, for Windows I am trying to update few libraries like GMSH, but not for OCC.
chennes
Veteran

Post by chennes »

uwestoehr wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:27 am Besides this, does it work for you? I am especially interested if you could run a simple FEM simulation?
Sure, I just ran a quick cantilever in FEM without any problems, and the FEM unit tests all pass without issue. I get one unit test failure in Path, and the Start unit tests failed to load, but everything else worked well. I am testing on Windows 10 21H1.
Chris Hennes
Pioneer Library System
GitHub profile, LinkedIn profile, chrishennes.com
hholgi

Post by hholgi »

Mmmm, why is it not on the standard Release page like this: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/releases

The last versions we could get there for testing .... las year I think :mrgreen:
MTB racing service for TR in www.rsv-guetersloh.de; RC flight model in www.moewe-delbrueck.de
Uses Anycubic Kobra 2 Pro 3D Printer, FreeCad, CATIA V5, Cura
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

chennes wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:10 am Sure, I just ran a quick cantilever in FEM without any problems, and the FEM unit tests all pass without issue. I get one unit test failure in Path, and the Start unit tests failed to load, but everything else worked well. I am testing on Windows 10 21H1.
Many thanks!

The failure you get, its this also with FC 0.19.2? If so we have regressions. Can you please post them separately in a post here (with a recipe to reproduce)? For path, please CC @sliptonic.
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

hholgi wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:35 pm Mmmm, why is it not on the standard Release page
Because we did not yet tag the release of 0.19.3 yet. The test builds are there to find possible regressions and as reported by chennes it could be we have some.
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

Meanwhile we identified 2 issues, one with a test of the FEM WB and one with the Reverse Engineering WB.

Fixes are already available:
https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/4767
https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/4912
I will do their backport later today.

So I will provide another Windows test build tomorrow.