Drawing view too far from origin? (resolved)

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Renato Rebelo

Drawing view too far from origin? (resolved)

Post by Renato Rebelo »

Hello,
I have a question:
is there any limitation on the distance at which the objects are relative to the origin?
I'm using an arch plan and when I try to create a drawing view of an object away from the origin the view created is blank, but if I move it closer to the origin it works.

thank you,
Renato

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.16.5639 (Git)
Build type: None
Branch: master
Hash: 6a93d1392db350b1b7fcc29b56cf53fd1656c2a7
Python version: 2.7.9
Qt version: 4.8.6
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 6.8.0.oce-0.17
my native language is not English, please excuse me any incorrectness, I apologize for any inconvenience caused, thank you
microelly2
Veteran

Re: Drawing view too far from origin?

Post by microelly2 »

In case of a Perspektive view its a property of the camera. May be you have to change the properties of the camera.
Renato Rebelo

Post by Renato Rebelo »

Hello,
no, it is an orthographic view, if the subject is far from the origin of coordinates, can not create the drawing view.
thank you,
Renato
my native language is not English, please excuse me any incorrectness, I apologize for any inconvenience caused, thank you
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Could you attach .fcstd file as it would be easier to test the behavior that you are describing. I am not sure of your exact use case but it could make sense for FreeCAD tool involved in the operation to be limited to predefined max size value. I have seen this using other set of tools in the past.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

It's normal, actually. When creating a projection in the Drawing WB, the coordinates of your shape are projected "as is". A point situated at (1000,1000,1000), when projected on the XY plane, will become (1000,1000,0). So probably it will be outside the limits of the sheet (the point 0,0 is at the top left corner of the sheet).

So you must do a little bit of math, if you know your point is at (1000,1000,0), and you want it at the (0,0) point of the drawing sheet, you need to give X and Y offset of -1000 at scale 1:1 (or -100 at scale 1:10)

Actually, it would be handy to have a tool on the Drawing WB to "move view to the center of the screen" that would set the X and Y offsets automatically... issue #2288
Renato Rebelo

Post by Renato Rebelo »

Hello,
It was what I thought.
is a good idea this tool "move view to the center of the screen".
thank you,
Renato
Renato Rebelo

Post by Renato Rebelo »

I was trying to do the way you said, but I can not, can you help me.
Attached file
thank you,
Renato
Attachments
forum.fcstd
(66.62 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
Renato Rebelo

Post by Renato Rebelo »

Hello,
I could already solve the problem ... :D at the beginning is not easy, but I made a spreadsheet in order to facilitate
Attached file (change de extension to .ods)
thank you,

Renato
posição folha.zip
(9.54 KiB) Downloaded 150 times