Sunrise Printable DLP 3D Printer

Show off your FreeCAD projects here!
elgambitero

Sunrise Printable DLP 3D Printer

Postby elgambitero » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:19 pm

Hello everyone!

First of all, I want to thank Yorik, and every participant of the FreeCAD project, for such tool. I tried other tools in the past, but FreeCAD's scripting power, avaliability and freedom has no equal. Thank you

I want to present a project that it is now around 7~8 months old. It is a 3D printable DLP 3D printer. Among it's particularities you can count that it is made entirely with FreeCAD, from the very beginning.

http://www.github.com/bqlabs/Sunrise

(Sorry for the big photos, I didn't work out how to shrink them)
SunriseCurrent.png
SunriseCurrent.png (65.57 KiB) Viewed 2931 times
Sunrise02real.jpg
Sunrise02real.jpg (111.16 KiB) Viewed 2931 times
Sun02Sappho.jpg
Sun02Sappho.jpg (91.18 KiB) Viewed 2931 times
The objective of this project is to make a DLP 3D printing research platform for the community, so it must be sourceable, easily modifiable, and sources and tools must be available.

It's structure is made out of aluminium extrusion profiles, and 3D printed parts. While the latter are generally frowned upon when it comes to structrural integrity, I must say that they perform just well, and given the fact that this kind of printers don't need to withstand high forces. They don't move that much either...

It uses a hacked small LED projector, because machine size was a main variable here. DLP 3D printing already has a messy work environment, you don't want to have also a big machine taking all the space. It's not brilliant in speed, but for that resolutions, I think it's worth the wait.
A small high power projector is being developed right now, with proper optics, adapted for this application. We want this technology to blossom.

It's still in a Beta state, but results are cool:
IMG_5861.JPG
IMG_5861.JPG (108.88 KiB) Viewed 2931 times
IMG_5812.JPG
IMG_5812.JPG (143.17 KiB) Viewed 2931 times
Please look up the repo for further info, or just by curiosity.

Greetings.
DeepSOIC

Re: Sunrise Printable DLP 3D Printer

Postby DeepSOIC » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:23 pm

WOW!
cox

Postby cox » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:34 pm

Way cool- Thank you for posting :D
Need help? Feel free to ask, but please read the guidelines first
jmaustpc

Postby jmaustpc » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:40 pm

looks great!

a tip on the photo file size, just open the file in the Gimp, and "scale" the image to a resolution that makes sense and the file size will drop proportionately. :)