Help test FreeCAD for Mac

Info about new community or project announcements, implemented features, classes, modules or APIs. Might get technical!
PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS OR OTHER DISCUSSIONS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
brusk

Re: Help test FreeCAD for Mac

Post by brusk »

sgrogan wrote:
brusk wrote:Hmm. Interesting. Could be convenient if there is one source to all three issues :)
Yeah, except Bspline is from oce
It seems Peterl94 was having problems with oce on his Travis-ci build.
See here:https://travis-ci.org/peterl94/FreeCAD_sf_master
He changed the package with his last commit:https://github.com/peterl94/FreeCAD_sf_ ... 2406fc1d3e
Hm, that's the one I use actually. Just tried opencascade instead and that one fails while compiling.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

From the logs it looks like opencascade was failing and oce compiles. But there are errors with the self tests. I don't know enough about OS X or Travis to know what is in the build script and what is in the tests.
Maybe you understand this more than me:https://github.com/peterl94/FreeCAD_sf_ ... travis.yml
Up to "make -j2" its like ubuntu. The travis log for a ubuntu build looks like this:https://travis-ci.org/sgrogan/FreeCAD
From peterl94's log there is missing dylib. I think this is like .dll on win or .so on linux.
If you have ides I think I can run this from my github (I have Travis already set-up)
"fight the good fight"
peterl94
Veteran

Post by peterl94 »

Yeah, it is a unrelated compile time error. Basically ignore the travis build results for now. The tests fail because I don't have it set up quite right yet.

It is not a problem with brusk's build environment. Evidently, a mac specific issue was introduced since the last build I uploaded several months ago. I can reproduce the same problems with:

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.16.6032 (Git)
Build type: Unknown
Branch: master
Hash: dde207c360e0d27c90347f9c563b859e7023e1b8
Python version: 2.7.10
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 3.1.3
OCC version: 6.8.0.oce-0.17
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

Thanks Peter,
So "git bisect" we go.
Edit: If your up for it brusk, we can learn some together.
"fight the good fight"
peterl94
Veteran

Post by peterl94 »

ian.rees

Post by ian.rees »

brusk - I tried running your build on a Yosemite machine (MacOS 10.10.5) and got an error message in the GUI:

You can’t use this version of the application “FreeCAD” with this version of OS X.

You have OS X 10.10.5. The application requires OS X 10.11 or later.

In Xcode at least, there's a setting "OS X Deployment Target" which maps to MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET environment variable. This probably needs to get turned back to whatever the oldest OS X we can support is, I'd guess 10.8ish ? This setting is distinct from the SDK version, which I'd guess is 10.11 on your build machine. HTH! -Ian-
peterl94
Veteran

Post by peterl94 »

Yeah, there is a cmake option for that. However, I'm pretty sure all of the libs would have to be compiled with that option too. I would just put 10.11 in the filename to let people know it doesn't work on older versions. If we can get the travis build working, that would give us a 10.9 build. Of course for an actual release and not just snapshots, we probably should try to support as old as 10.8. I don't have my 10.6 machine anymore.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

Btw, someone is asking for an OSX version with space mouse support enabled: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13515
peterl94
Veteran

Post by peterl94 »

Ian, you have some experience with this, right? I don't remember if you have to do anything special or not.
ian.rees

Post by ian.rees »

peterl94 wrote:Ian, you have some experience with this, right?
I use a Mac and use a SpaceNavigator, but not super familiar with packing up applications for distribution (really should learn more about Frameworks).

For local builds at least, all that should need to be done is install the 3DConnexion software before cmake-ing. -Ian-