Mirror horizontal and vertical

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
detlet

Mirror horizontal and vertical

Post by detlet »

Hi,

I have a sketch, padded up to a solid, that I want to mirror horizontal and vertical with the mirror feature of the PartDesign workbench. The first mirroring works like expected, but for the second one I get the error message "Bitte zuerst eine subtraktive oder additive Funktion erstellen", in English something like: "Create a subtractive or additive function first". But how do I do this? The Part Union tool does not work for single objects.
DeepSOIC
Veteran

Re: Mirror horizontal and vertical

Post by DeepSOIC »

Hi!
Use PartDesign Multitransform. Or, mirror stuff in Part workbench (you'll need to fuse some stuff after that).
detlet

Post by detlet »

PartDesign Multitransform showed the same error message, but Part mirror worked like expected. Thank you!
renatorivo
Veteran

Post by renatorivo »

detlet wrote: "Create a subtractive or additive function first". But how do I do this? The Part Union tool does not work for single objects.
Hi,
Part Design Workbench provides Transformation tools for transforming existing features.
If you do not have a features, you can not transform it. Working with Part Design, this is an important thing to know and remember.

Part Mirror is totally different, this tool creates a new object which is a reflection of the original object. It depends on what you need.

You can view the two wiki pages here:
http://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/index.ph ... n_Mirrored
http://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/index.ph ... art_Mirror