Dark and Light FreeCAD stylesheets (2.x, 3.x,...) and beyond

A forum for research and development of the user interface of FreeCAD
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
pablogil

Dark and Light FreeCAD stylesheets (2.x, 3.x,...) and beyond

Post by pablogil »

Hello,

I'm opening this thread in Developers corner in order to continue discussing about the styles, its future and things related that I would like to pay attention to (for instance button theming).
Please, if you have any comment, bug, etc this is probably the best place to write about it, thanks.

As an start point, triplus, you are right, these checkboxes inside QListWidget need styling, I will try to fix them this week. ;)
Dark and Light stylesheets v2.0 to theme your FreeCAD UI, more information here
sgrogan
Veteran

Re: Dark and Light FreeCAD stylesheets (2.x, 3.x,...) and beyond

Post by sgrogan »

Hello pablogil,
I saw issue 2476
Indeed there was a flaw that did not pickup the new Gui sub-directory in the data directory on Windows. It should be fixed now. https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/releases
I'm not signed up to Mantis, so if this is fixed for you the issue can be closed.
Please keep an eye on this when the Win RC builds are made for Win. I'm using a modified script provided by Peterl94 and he will probably be making the release. I'll try to get my modified script in git and make a pull request against his https://github.com/peterl94/FCAutoBuild
Thanks for the work :)
"fight the good fight"
pablogil

Post by pablogil »

Hi sgrogan,

Nice, I have checked new builds and now they do include the stylesheets.
I will pay attention to RCs ;)

Thank you
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

I closed the ticket now. Am I right that it's an external build script that need the adjustment or is it part of the FreeCAD source tree?
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

I noticed this today and i decided to report. In Spreadsheet WB 2 buttons on Toolbar have small style issue.
pablogil

Post by pablogil »

triplus wrote:I noticed this today and i decided to report. In Spreadsheet WB 2 buttons on Toolbar have small style issue.
Please, could you share a screenshot?

Thanks
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

wmayer wrote:I closed the ticket now. Am I right that it's an external build script that need the adjustment or is it part of the FreeCAD source tree?
Thanks
Externally packaging script. FreeCAD works perfect with and without running the Install target.
"fight the good fight"
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

pablogil wrote:
triplus wrote:I noticed this today and i decided to report. In Spreadsheet WB 2 buttons on Toolbar have small style issue.
Please, could you share a screenshot?

Thanks
Buttons.png
Buttons.png (1.86 KiB) Viewed 3786 times
Sure!
pablogil

Post by pablogil »

I thought it was that... the problem with these buttons is that they got affected by the size you have set for icons under Preferences. The for size only applies for QToolButtons but not for other elements such as QPushButtons, QSpinBoxes, etc... And when you set them to 16x16 pixels and the stylesheet has padding applied to QPushButtons misaligments appear, check the following screenshots:
padding-nopadding.png
padding-nopadding.png (132.51 KiB) Viewed 3764 times
On other OSs the misaligment is even worst... actually, it was reported as a bug before.
I have tried to tweak them but it's impossible with the options I have... I mean, the actual design is the best option, not a perfect one but at least it has not any misaligment.
May be if toolbars have a name (ID) I can create specific styles for them but it's hard because of the dinamic size of QToolButtons.

What do you think?
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

I see. Yes you are probably correct. The situation looks the same as with Workbench ComboBox. The logic to switch icon size based on the icon size set in preferences is missing.

P.S. Actually after FreeCAD restart some of the icons adapt to new size like the ones from Draft WB. But not the ones from Spreadsheet WB.