Problem to move a wall containing a door and a window

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
JLB85FR

Problem to move a wall containing a door and a window

Post by JLB85FR »

Hi again,
in the same project I had problems with the treeview, I had also issues when trying to move a building (the purpose is to merge the building project into a site design, so that the building must be moved in another place than the origine).
I have created a simple project:
- create a rectangle
- make a wall from it
- add a door in a face
- add a window on another face.

then, when I try to move the building, there is a problem with the door, since all resulting parts are not moved, but cannot (move with host).
is there something I have missed ?
of course if I merge a bigger design in another one, I get the same result, even with fusioned or compounded parts.
Attachments
building door window.FCStd
(21.88 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
JLB85FR

Re: Problem to move a wall containing a door and a window

Post by JLB85FR »

I notice that when moving only the base objects (rectangle + sketch + sketch001), the result is correct.
If I places these 3 items in a group, I can move the group and results is ok.

But:
- the objects are not drawn during move, thus making it not easy to find the destination place if the global shape is a bit more complex that this sample. Same problem for rotating (if it would work, see below), if shape is not visible it's would not be easy to find the destination angle.
- for more complex designs, with larger number of objects, it becomes impossible to check for all items and place the into a single group...

It is the same problem for rotating the wall002 part: it firsts seems to be ok, but when recomputing, the door is not correctly placed. some parts have not been rotated.
And rotating the group does not work, it produces many errors after recomputing.

nobody has an idea of how to proceed ?
I also read this topic 'move an object and the linked sketch', but not sure it can solve my problem.