move and rotate a wall assembly with door and window

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
yorik
Founder

Re: move and rotate a wall assembly with door and window

Post by yorik »

JLB85FR wrote:However, in this case, the door moves outside the wall, and I cannot edit the door sketch position : when entering data, the door moves, but validating with enter key resets the value.
and if editing the door position, after rotation all door parts are dispatched away.
Hm indeed, I just tried, and the sketch gets locked to a corner of the face. This definitely doesn't work well with preset windows yet... I'll try to solve that when I have a little time
JLB85FR

Post by JLB85FR »

Yorik,
it would be nice if you can fix it.... if I could give you this missing time..... maybe just something to change regarding window design or behavior when fusioned with the wall (for rotation only, since it seems to work well for translations)
and a small question: is it possible that in preset windows, the frame does not inherits transparency or have it's own transparency ?

In my house design, I move or rotate all parts by base elements, and this works perfectly, only windows do not behave smartly....

I attach the design. the group 'parts_for_move' is there for moving the whole house, 'parts_for_rotate' for rotation, it would be nice if this group could be removed and just use the first one.
Damian
thanks for the link. I'll try to understand this.
Attachments
house.FCStd
(814.33 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

JLB85FR wrote:is it possible that in preset windows, the frame does not inherits transparency or have it's own transparency ?
At the moment no, per-face transparency is not implemented. But it should be done at some point...