TechDraw Fixes & Enhancements #230

Merged, abandoned or rejected pull requests are moved here to clear the main Pull Requests forum.
wandererfan
Veteran

TechDraw Fixes & Enhancements #230

Post by wandererfan »

Please merge: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/230

It addresses the following:

Fix scaling for ViewSymbol
Correct page size determination
Fix 2630 lines in SVG
Add linewidth property for Dimensions
Qt parenting/garbage collection
Radius leader behaviour

Thanks,
wf
yorik
Founder

Re: TechDraw Fixes & Enhancements #230

Post by yorik »

merged!
efyx

Post by efyx »

I wrote some suggestions here: viewtopic.php?f=9&p=132940#p132940 but I'll put some thoughts here.

First wandererfan good job! :mrgreen:
I think you should take a lot of "drawing dimensioning" because there are a lot of stuff which is performed very well for example:
- higlighting edges and vertexes on green (better chance to select the right one),
- one dimension tool and first you select tool then edges/vertexes - you drag it into direction and you have horizontal/vertical dimension btw. in techdraw also one dimension tool works for all dimensions - so rest icon's aren't necessary. Just to change order, first icon of action then edges/vertexes,
- very good creating center lines in "drawing dimensioning",
- very good creating center points,
- good performance of tolerances (should be more options but works cool by later choosing place where to add those tolerances),

What would be very useful in techdraw:
1) Section view - by choosing on view line which will describe place of section and then cuted view.
2) Detail view - that is, a must have :)
3) Automaticly adding scale note for views which aren't in document scale.
4) Tolerances I would see it as in "drawing diemnsioning" but with few addons.
5) Center lines and points as in "drawing dimensioning".
6) Auxiliary views.
7) Welding symbols - we can discuss how they should be created because there a lot of informations.
8) Holes dimensioning - additional icon, to describe fi value of hole and their count (grouping by size on plane) and their depth.
9) Izometric view should have option to be indicated as a preview of object - not just a wire lines.
10) Navigation on drawing page shoul be also on left/right/up/down not only scroll down and up, because sometimes you need to perform some part of drawing which is no visible outside border of drawing - for example just for detail view.

PS. merged? Is that means that it is available in the newest 0.16 instalator? Or there is need to compile freecad from git?
Last edited by efyx on Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

efyx wrote:PS. merged? Is that means that it is available in the newest 0.16 instalator? Or there is need to compile freecad from git?
Nope the next 0.17 builds
efyx

Post by efyx »

Jee-Bee wrote:Nope the next 0.17 builds
Is that means, that this will be soon available for windows here?: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/releases
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

i think it should there all ready don't know all you're comments but TechDraw should there...
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

efyx wrote:I wrote some suggestions here: viewtopic.php?f=9&p=132940#p132940 but I'll put some thoughts here.

First wandererfan good job! :mrgreen:
I think you should take a lot of "drawing dimensioning" because there are a lot of stuff which is performed very well for example:
- higlighting edges and vertexes on green (better chance to select the right one),
- one dimension tool and first you select tool then edges/vertexes - you drag it into direction and you have horizontal/vertical dimension btw. in techdraw also one dimension tool works for all dimensions - so rest icon's aren't necessary. Just to change order, first icon of action then edges/vertexes,
- very good creating center lines in "drawing dimensioning",
- very good creating center points,
- good performance of tolerances (should be more options but works cool by later choosing place where to add those tolerances),

What would be very useful in techdraw:
1) Section view - by choosing on view line which will describe place of section and then cuted view.
2) Detail view - that is, a must have :)
3) Automaticly adding scale note for views which aren't in document scale.
4) Tolerances I would see it as in "drawing diemnsioning" but with few addons.
5) Center lines and points as in "drawing dimensioning".
6) Auxiliary views.
7) Welding symbols - we can discuss how they should be created because there a lot of informations.
8) Holes dimensioning - additional icon, to describe fi value of hole and their count (grouping by size on plane) and their depth.
9) Izometric view should have option to be indicated as a preview of object - not just a wire lines.
10) Navigation on drawing page shoul be also on left/right/up/down not only scroll down and up, because sometimes you need to perform some part of drawing which is no visible outside border of drawing - for example just for detail view.

PS. merged? Is that means that it is available in the newest 0.16 instalator? Or there is need to compile freecad from git?
Hi @efyx.

This thread was made for such comments:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16831