I wrote some suggestions here: viewtopic.php?f=9&p=132940#p132940
but I'll put some thoughts here.
First wandererfan good job!
I think you should take a lot of "drawing dimensioning" because there are a lot of stuff which is performed very well for example:
- higlighting edges and vertexes on green (better chance to select the right one),
- one dimension tool and first you select tool then edges/vertexes - you drag it into direction and you have horizontal/vertical dimension btw. in techdraw also one dimension tool works for all dimensions - so rest icon's aren't necessary. Just to change order, first icon of action then edges/vertexes,
- very good creating center lines in "drawing dimensioning",
- very good creating center points,
- good performance of tolerances (should be more options but works cool by later choosing place where to add those tolerances),
What would be very useful in techdraw:
1) Section view - by choosing on view line which will describe place of section and then cuted view.
2) Detail view - that is, a must have
3) Automaticly adding scale note for views which aren't in document scale.
4) Tolerances I would see it as in "drawing diemnsioning" but with few addons.
5) Center lines and points as in "drawing dimensioning".
6) Auxiliary views.
7) Welding symbols - we can discuss how they should be created because there a lot of informations.
8) Holes dimensioning - additional icon, to describe fi value of hole and their count (grouping by size on plane) and their depth.
9) Izometric view should have option to be indicated as a preview of object - not just a wire lines.
10) Navigation on drawing page shoul be also on left/right/up/down not only scroll down and up, because sometimes you need to perform some part of drawing which is no visible outside border of drawing - for example just for detail view.
PS. merged? Is that means that it is available in the newest 0.16 instalator? Or there is need to compile freecad from git?