List Select Macro (Select hidden sub-objects)

Need help, or want to share a macro? Post here!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
m42kus

Re: List Select Macro (Select hidden sub-objects)

Post by m42kus »

HoWil wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:00 pm Please see my screencast where I would like to select the rel. small inner spherical face. Even if the Body is transparent, when I move the cursor over the body preselection comes into play and hides the inner face making a localization of the small face difficult.
Alright I see the problem. One "solution" would be to turn off preselection in the settings. My macro enables and restores the setting automatically. Maybe a toggle button in the view toolbar could be added to make it possible to easily switch the setting. The real solution would be to have transparent preselection with is not possible atm.

I can't really do anything in my add-on because I don't know when the user is about to select stuff with my macro. The user must turn off preselection himself if he doesn't want it at that moment.
My GSoC Devlog: ceeli.github.io/gsoc
HoWil
Veteran

Post by HoWil »

m42kus wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:39 am The real solution would be to have transparent preselection with is not possible atm.
I see I see .... so the real solution would be something like a realthunder-solution :D (https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 89#p175533)
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

m42kus wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:17 am Hello,
I created a tool which helps selecting hidden or difficult to reach sub-objects (solids, faces, edges and vertexes).
does it work on windows?
I installed the Mod from here
https://github.com/drhooves/SelectionTools
but I obtain a list with only the firs solid
selection1.png
selection1.png (142.83 KiB) Viewed 2858 times
my FC info

Code: Select all

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.17.11580 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: aa07c777453258edf9fed304cf82bcfeb8bdea95
Python version: 2.7.8
Qt version: 4.8.7
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.1.0
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

This shouldn't be a macro but a feature in the FreeCAD app it self!!
HoWil
Veteran

Post by HoWil »

yorik wrote: ping
Is it possible to add this Macro to the Addon-manager?
See also https://github.com/drhooves/SelectionTools
BR,
HoWil
c_prabal

Post by c_prabal »

Salome has a nice feature of outer surfaces while creating a group. May I request you to send me the macro! email c_prabal@yahoo.com
c_prabal

Post by c_prabal »

I used your macro. While allotting material in FEM workbench two problems came up.

1) Inner most hidden body solid 1 is not available for allotment

2) It was not possoble to allot solids for material selection menu.

I have attached a file. could you please help! Prabal.FCStd

hi1.FCStd also show the same problem

Ref CALCULIX
Attachments
hi1.FCStd
(278.99 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
prabal.FCStd
(19.02 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
Gift

Post by Gift »

c_prabal wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:47 am Salome has a nice feature of outer surfaces while creating a group. May I request you to send me the macro! email ...
Pls remove your mail address. Bots & spam lets greet. It is better to write a PM.
HarryvL
Veteran

Post by HarryvL »

HoWil wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:38 pm
BR,
HoWil
HoWill, do you know if this was ever added to Addon-manager? It is a really useful tool and (as far as I can see) the only robust way to get to and assign mesh and material properties to embedded solids. The other methods I try are hit and miss.
Regarding installation from Git: I tried to clone and install via the link, but failed. I use FreeCAD-Daily through PPA and am not sure I should mess with the MOD directory, even if I could get access to it in the first place. Unfortunately I am a newcomer to everything from Ubuntu, FreeCAD, Git, Python and you name it, so any help would be appreciated. :D
HoWil
Veteran

Post by HoWil »

HarryvL wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:35 am
HoWil wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:38 pm
BR,
HoWil
HoWill, do you know if this was ever added to Addon-manager? It is a really useful tool and (as far as I can see) the only robust way to get to and assign mesh and material properties to embedded solids. The other methods I try are hit and miss.
Regarding installation from Git: I tried to clone and install via the link, but failed. I use FreeCAD-Daily through PPA and am not sure I should mess with the MOD directory, even if I could get access to it in the first place. Unfortunately I am a newcomer to everything from Ubuntu, FreeCAD, Git, Python and you name it, so any help would be appreciated. :D
Hi HarryvL,
I also use FC-daily under Ubuntu 16.04 and do not have any problems using or installing the SelectionTools form github. For testing purposes I renamed my .FreeCAD folder in my home-folder. Than I did run the two lines listed on the SelectionTools github site https://github.com/drhooves/SelectionTools. Please try it again (assuming that you have installed 'git'):

Code: Select all

git clone https://github.com/drhooves/SelectionTools.git \
$HOME/.FreeCAD/Mod/SelectionTools
Now, you should see a newly added dialog in the preferences of FC under 'Display' as shown in the following screenshot:
Screenshot from 2018-02-04 20-30-59.png
Screenshot from 2018-02-04 20-30-59.png (76.24 KiB) Viewed 2510 times
To be sure, restart FC. Insert e.g. a cube in Part-wb and press 's' followed by a 'e' after placing the mouse pointer over the 3D-part. You should see the part shown transparent and a list holding all elements like faces below the cursor. Thats it.
Feel free to report back if you experience any problems.
BR,
HoWi