[Solved]Part loft vs Part Design Loft

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Konstantin

[Solved]Part loft vs Part Design Loft

Post by Konstantin »

I thought it will be simple. I thought that I just make a canoe model and will not bother mlampert or slipthonic or anyone at all with my ravings while I am incapable...

I created a Body in PartDesign, based on Sketch. Then in this body added 3 more sketches, placed them where I needed, selected first sketch, pressed Loft, want to add another sketch, and loft ignores it. I only can add third sketch. What is wrong? I copied this sketches outside the body, made an old Part Loft - everything works. Then I created another sketches inside body, playing with map modes and placements options, but I can't still make loft operation. What is happening?

Sorry, forgot to add.

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.17.11784 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: d5b554d2b6d6e780c9ead67153888f7fe5e140be
Python version: 2.7.13
Qt version: 5.9.1
Coin version: 3.1.3
OCC version: 7.1.0
Locale: Russian/Russia (ru_RU)
Attachments
canoe.FCStd
(24.59 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
Last edited by Konstantin on Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Part loft vs Part Design Loft

Post by chrisb »

If you talk about v0.17 it's important to know the exact version.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Konstantin

Post by Konstantin »

chrisb wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:13 am If you talk about v0.17 it's important to know the exact version.
Completely forgot. Sorry. added info
Konstantin

Post by Konstantin »

I don't understand what happend, I closed FreeCAD, opened it in konsole to read the output, opened this file, and now loft is working. Before that I just couldn't add second sketch, only third. So, marking as solved.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: [Solved]Part loft vs Part Design Loft

Post by chrisb »

Your sketches 1sp and 3sp contain an additional line at the bottom, sp2 does not.

Besides this:
- it is sensible to fully constrain the sketches
- don't use tangent + coincidence constraint at the same points, tangent on the points is enough
- in this case building the sketches symmetric to the axis is sensible
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Konstantin

Post by Konstantin »

chrisb wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:54 am Your sketches 1sp and 3sp contain an additional line at the bottom, sp2 does not.
What???? a... They are all in place. I didn't change anything, I just closed FreeCAD, opened the same file I sent here and immideatly was able to make loft in PartDesign. All that time I was fighting with internet provider, who decied to cut me off :)

Ok. No matter. I have to stop finaly. I have to admit that I am incapable right now. So, ban me for a month or two.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I'm pretty sure it didn't work with the file you uploaded here. Have a look at the elements list in sketcher. In the first and third sketch you have two straight lines, while there seems to be only one, due to overlay.